Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 1:39:53 PM EDT
Today I read this thread. [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=89107[/url] I started to discuss it with someone I ride home with and they said the poster was lying.  They said know that schools send out permission slips and they have to be signed before kids get fingerprinted.  

I said huh?  They said, everything you read on the INTERNET is a lie.  They were appaled that I believed what I read.  I said,  I believe everything I read unless it is really out there.  I use my common sence to judge if something is real or not.  They said they believe everything they read is a lie until it is proved true.  

Am I crazy for believing first until disproved?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe your just an optimist
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll admit I'm a liar.

But can you really believe me?[;)]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah and your point is? I think the majority of people lie for one reason or another. I lie at work to give me some cushion. I lie to my girlfriend to keep things sorta even. I lie to my family to keep them from worrying. So, what's your point?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
i would disbelive this individual. he makes the absolute statement that everything on the net is a lie. then i should really goto church because ive been doing a lot of lieing and didn't even know it...
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll admit I'm a liar.

View Quote

What I'm about to say is a lie. What I just said is true.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah and your point is? I think the majority of people lie for one reason or another. I lie at work to give me some cushion. I lie to my girlfriend to keep things sorta even. I lie to my family to keep them from worrying. So, what's your point?
View Quote

So everything or the majority of topics posted here on AR15.com are lies?  Why am I even bothering to read them?

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]

I have never told a lie in my life.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe:

A racist sees only racism.

A liar sees only lies.

You project onto others you own beliefs.  If you are an honest person, you believe the same of others.

Frankly, I don't care about most of what's posted in GD, but I'm amazed at the technically erroneous information often posted in the troubleshooting and firearm sections.  Are they lies?  Probably just too ignorant to know they're wrong.

Would a school fingerprint children without written permission from the parents?  Absolutely!  It's non-invasive and it's "for the good of the children."  Typically permission slips are only for when something has an extra cost involved or will remove the child from the school premises.  Your car-pooler is misinformed, thus lied.  So at least they're right about themselves.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So everything or the majority of topics posted here on AR15.com are lies?  Why am I even bothering to read them?

View Quote

I wouldn't say that. I'm just saying that sometimes lies are easier to live with than the truth. Movies, books, sitcoms, there're mostly fantasy story telling. Vastly more entertaining than watching the horror of the nightly news.
Also, haven't you seen the thread that states that the shooter can hit a half meter target with open sights at ten thousand meters?[:D]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I must be in the twlight zone or something.

I see that I didn't mention that I'm referring to the topics posted on AR15.com.  Not the internet in general.

Of the current topics you see, approximately 20, how many are lies?  Example.  Topic [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=89230[/url]  Is a LIE.  I haven't read it yet but since someone is posting on the internet, it has to be a lie.  It is a lie until I can prove it is not.

Another example.  Topic [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=89236[/url]
I haven't read that either, but it is a LIE.  That person could be anyone and probably likes fabricating stories.

This is what this person believes.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm with Centauro97 on this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]
He's lying to you.

Everything on the internet is true. Al Gore told me so.

Hehehehehe!!

Seriously, I agree with Centauro97. Liars assume that everyone is lying to them.

This causes me some grief from time to time, because I try to be very honest. Therefore, when I conduct business I tend to assume that people are being honest with me. Doesn't always work that way.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll admit I'm a liar.

View Quote

What I'm about to say is a lie. What I just said is true.

View Quote

My head hurts, don't do that again!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Everything on the internet is true. Al Gore told me so.
quote]
Al Gore invented the internet[rolleyes]I read that on the internet, must be a lie!

The three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I live by the treaty inspection motto "Trust but Verify".
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
7:
View Quote

7, what's your favorite movie?
View Quote

True LIES

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is this Philosophy class? [:D]
View Quote

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. How could we ever be certain either way?

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Starting to sound like my old logic class.

"I am lying."

-------
"Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies,
tell me tell me lies.
Tell me lies that you can't disguise,
tell me tell me lies..."
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dude are you drinking ?
View Quote

Sorry, wrong thread there buddy.

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Oh yeah . But I`m one post above you ! [:)]
View Quote

Quality beats Quantity. [;)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top