Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 12:00:36 PM EDT
Watching an old repeat right now on TNT.

One of the only TV shows I ever liked.

Why would they ever cancel a show like that?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know..........i always did like it too..
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought I saw that they had the hole series out on DVD. They also have China Beach out to.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
In it's first incarnation it was a great show and built up quite a following.  Then China Beach came out and as brouhaha said, it became a soap opera.  Ratings plummeted.  Toward the end they brought it back to the way it had been originally but the damage had been done.  I have much of the first season (I think) on video, recorded back in the day.  I'd be interested in getting all of the (good) episodes myself.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was watching it(back in the day),they were just an infantry platoon.

But I was told that later on they became a Special Forces group.

What the hell happened?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Even better than actually "being there"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
and you dont have to be far from the fridge for a vicarious combat tour
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Great show!  Watched it when it was on first run.  Definitely started to turn into a soap opera after they womenz characters were added.  

I just wish they would show them again with the original music intact.  It definitely helped set the mood of the show.  I never knew what the lyrics to "Paint it Black" were about til Tour of Duty came on.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://members.aol.com/zeke1964/tour/tourofduty.html [/url]

All kinds of stuff here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Combat!(from back in the 60's) was better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont know..........i always did like it too..
View Quote

The later episodes turned into a soap opera, IMO.  No action, and all soap type crap.  That's when I stopped watching.
View Quote

That seems to happen with all the good shows. They either turn into soaps or they try to get p.c. political messages worked into every episode.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top