BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeez..the silence from the LEO peanut gallery is deafening.

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee, I wonder what would happen if the police happened to raid my house while me and some friends were upstairs cleaning our M1 Garands (or some other powerful rifle) and trying on body armor, and the police accidentally tried a no-knock raid. You never seem to see people commenting on how body armor is (at least, I've heard) avaliable to civillians in every state.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You never seem to see people commenting on how body armor is (at least, I've heard) avaliable to civillians in every state.
View Quote

They tried to ban it in Maryland last year.

Disarmed, unprotected, victims.

Heck, our police dogs get titanium teeth and body armor, and they tried to take our body armor away!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gee, I wonder what would happen if the police happened to raid my house while me and some friends were upstairs cleaning our M1 Garands (or some other powerful rifle) and trying on body armor, and the police accidentally tried a no-knock raid. You never seem to see people commenting on how body armor is (at least, I've heard) avaliable to civillians in every state.
View Quote

Well, guys, mostly it won't happen to you.  Sorry to disappoint, but I imagine most LE is focused on people [i]breaking the law[/i].  Selling drugs?  Committing felonies?  Why then you could expect to have a night-time/early mroning visit by LE.  Then you'd be able to really show what you're made of. [rolleyes]

Believe it or not, these raids just don't happen every day, and NEVER happen to the VAST MAJORITY of people.  One of the busiest SWAT teams, LAPD SWAT, assists in the service of about 50 felony warrants per year.  This is a city of over 9 million people.  You do the math.

You know, there are real problems with training in LE, and perhaps that's what lay at the root of this incident.  And, yes, I'll say it: shit happens.  More training and oversight is needed to prevent these kind of incidents, but when you deal with peopel, they're gonna make mistakes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally from Dale007

Has there ever been a situation where the Swat team broke in the wrong house and the owner shot and killed/wounded the cop and lived, and what was the punishment for the owner? My guess would be he got in deep do do.

If the home owner doesn't get killed "resisting arrest" the JBT will justify the raid by going on a fishing expedition & "find" stuff to charge him with.  Did he reload?="bomb making materials",  sandwich bags in kitchen?="drug paraphernalia", a copy of the Federalist Papers?  "right wing hate literature" etc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
They'll simply put a cap in the back of his head assuming he makes it past the door being busted down.

It happened at Waco. They returned fire killing several ATF Agents. In response, their place was torched with Women and Children inside.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top