Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 10:05:35 PM EDT
[b] 1GUNRUNNER[/b], that is such a funny tag line I just had to borrow it for this post ‘cause it’s so fittin’ for me now in my life.

I’ve really enjoy my time here but I’m gonna [I]“have one more then taper off”[/I].
I think I was getting a bit carried away for a while here. All apologies to anyone I may have offended. It was all in fun, please take no personal offense at my tirades while drinking on the weekends.

But it’s now time in my life to redirect some of my priorities.

A few months ago I set out to find the most expensive college with the coolest curriculums in fields that interest me and held evening classes with girls half my age and I found it!

So, as of last week I’m now back in school full time. I’m amongst some of the most liberal of liberals but at least they’re young and impressionable.
I decided to get a degree in Visual Communication – Graphic Arts. So far I LOVE it!

At 43, and without a womenz (for once) in my life it was a good time to go back to college. Besides the Company pays 100% of tuition and supplies. How can I go wrong? Once I graduate they even give me a 6% automatic raise above and beyond and a new laptop!
Its something I really enjoy and hope to do for supplemental income once I retire out of the aerospace industry.

I still get the chance to surf during the day so I can “keep up” with you guys but I’m just not gonna be able to participate as much as I would like to because I’m behind a firewall.

I don’t expect this to interfere with my plans to attend th BRC in Illinois this summer so I’ll see you there!

I’ll still be around so this ain’t goodbye; just won’t be chewing up so much bandwidth. Good night!

You’re all like family to me.

So hold down the fort and keep [u]OUR[/u] powder dry!

WW
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck! It's good to see someone with the b@lls to attempt the escape from the chains of aerospace. I was lucky enough to be sold by Mother Boeing, and now work for a small-mid sized company.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Enjoy, and wishing the best in all your endeavors.

1gunrunner

British scientist Joe Farman discovers the hole in the ozone. Dr Alec Jeffreys discovers genetic fingerprint, using DNA, at Leicester University. Lasers are first used in surgery. Clive Sinclair introduces the battery-operated car. Commercial whaling banned.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, Winston_Wolf.
I'm jealous.  Keep in touch.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#6]
... Staying in touch. Reference this encouraging thread!

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=133653[/url]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]
... Well, I'm 1/3 the way there and 'm maintaining a 4.0

... Still make time for fun though!
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Go get 'em, boy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds to me like you're feeling like a kid again WW. So many undiscovered things out there that just plain need exploring. Congratulations on the accomplishments for the new path. Seriously.

I'm envious.

-T.

Edited to add a pic of one bad muthafucka..

[img]http://digilander.iol.it/carlito/wolf1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Have a good one mon!

You still gonna be at the AZ shoot in October?

Edited to add: Doh! Check the sigline Mac! [BD]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Way to go man,keep up that 4.0 and you might even qualify for Mcuzzis Mensa Squad.

Bob  [beer]    [:D]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
"Ah, Grasshopper, it is when the Student becomes the Teacher that Wisdom is found..."

I have no idea where that came from! [rolleyes]

I'm thinkin' if you've got a HOG and a GUN, and you're surrounded by young, nubile leftist nymphettes...you've got a golden opportunity on your hands, Brother!  
Convert them!

Seriously, I wish you all the best.
Have fun in school!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top