Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2002 9:54:16 AM EDT
I am thinking about buying a 93 integra RS with about 100,000 miles on it. My car was totaled recently and I need a car. This one fits in my price range and I really like it. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Most things I've read are very positive. Especially when talking about performance. Second question is if i get it I will put cold air induction on it and i wanted to know what other people thought was the best intake for the buck?

thanks

Guncrazy223
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#1]
100,000 miles? Was it "adult driven" or a kid's/rice racer's? Either way, that is ALOT of mileage on it already.

What is you price range anyway?

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
100,000 miles? Either way, that is ALOT of mileage on it already.

View Quote

Negative. My sister has a 90 Integra that has 185k on the ticker and still runs like new. I have a 93 accord that gets me to and from work with 130k that looks, runs, and drives like a brand new car.

My buddy traded his 90 Accord for a 01 and when he traded it, it had 356k on it. All highway, but who cares.

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
100,000 miles? Either way, that is ALOT of mileage on it already.

View Quote

Negative. My sister has a 90 Integra that has 185k on the ticker and still runs like new. I have a 93 accord that gets me to and from work with 130k that looks, runs, and drives like a brand new car.

My buddy traded his 90 Accord for a 01 and when he traded it, it had 356k on it. All highway, but who cares.

View Quote

Yeah, you're right there IS a difference between highway driving and stop and go city driving...
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey OneShot1Kill, sooner or later I'm going to play around with some sick stuff for my '01 Maxima SE...Jackson Racing Supercharger maybe?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Guncrazy223 -

Prior to buying my Jeep in 2000, I drove a 1991 Acura Integra GS.  I loved that car and often times wish I still had it (especially at the gas station).  It was very reliable, economical, sporty, and fun!  When I traded it in towards my Cherokee, it had 138,000 miles on it and still looked and ran great.  As long as the prior owner has taken care of the car (i.e. oil changes at 3,000 miles, tune ups, kept the body good) this should give you at least a couple good years.  If the 100,000 miles is mainly highway, all the better.

Know that you're taking a risk anytime you buy a used car (or new one for that matter) and consider that when you're deciding how much you'll spend.

I miss my Integra. [:(]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the wonderful world of Acura. I've bought Acuras for years and they NEVER let me down. I still have my old college car; a 91 Integra w/184,000 miles. Its never been out of service or failed me in ANY way. Just the other day I took a little road trip to Atlantic City and took it up to 105MPH, no problem. It just purs like a tiger. I swear, it runs like new.

I'm looking forword to buying their 2002 RSX with 200HP engine. I took it for a drive and fell in love with it. Wicked quick! Everything is included in price.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#9]
THe car is owned by a pretty young guy who said he drove it primarily 90% highway miles over 100 miles a day. He's going in the military and want's to sell the car before he goes. I'm hoping to get the car for about 3 G's. There are a few cosmetic problems, but he has records for mechanical maintenace. I'm pretty good with cars and don't mind these little cosmetic touchups. The only drawback from my standpoint is that it's red and that just attracts the wrong kind of attention.

OK oneshot I guess I don't know everything. What is a bypass and why do I need one for rainy days? My budddy has a k&N intake on his jetta and it seems to run fine on rainy days.

BTW I've read a few arcticles on these cars and their top speed stock is over 130 (because their drag coeficient is only .32). Not that I would ever think of driving that fast, the speed limit is 65. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#11]
100k for a honda/acura isn't even broken in yet!  We're still breaking in the 220k 90 accord we have and there'll probably be another good 100k before we retire it!  As for beating one it...I learned to drive on that car, I started driving it at 35k and its still kickin.  Most likely you're looking at a new distributor soon though, Preludes and Integras are notorious for that.  Good luck with the car, however, look really hard at the paint on the roof for fading, it doesn't polish out.
I killed many integs with my prelude, aaaaahhhh the memories!
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I do a lot of performance upgrades on honda/acura cars. The integra is a great platform for customizing, especially the motor. Cold air intakes vary in price and the better ones are made by AEM or K&N. The AEM's will start at around $199, but you can get good power gains with most of them. Good CAI's are made by Injen @ $140, and weapon R has some for under $100. DC sports are also good, I just finished a civic with a full header/exhaust and CAI by DC sports. It runs great, and we got nearly a 25% power increase which is very noticable. For an integra the AEM is one of the best for the money but you should get the bypass valve for when it rains or you will be sorry. If you have any q's about other mods I will be glad to help. Good luck with your integra.
View Quote

The car would make a great project car.  It has the 1.8l LS motor.  I think the motor puts out around 150hp.  Your not going to see the claimed horse power gains just by putting on exhaust and a intage.  You just end up with a noisy 150hp car.  If you want to see gains your going to have to add more than bolt on items.  So many people run around in these noisy little hondas thinking they are all bad.  I have a 94 civic with Greddy Exhaust and header, AEM Cold Air Intage, AEM Cam gear, advanced timing, and its still slow.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Guncrazy, Where in Ohio are you?? I used to work at the Acura dealer in Cleveland. The big thing to look at on those years is the distributor, they like to eat themselves ever 100k or so. 92-93 isn't bad they are the cheap ones to replace (bout $100). Other than that they don't have much that normally goes wrong save for the front springs cracking as all hondas do. As far as an intake a Cold Air will get you more performance at the cost of being low/risk of water ingestion/generally getting the crap beaten out of it. "warm air"'s give margianlly less performance but are nice and safe inside the engine compartment. AEM is good stuff but pricey but you do get what you pay for. I just hate to pay that much for a filter on a stick. I'd be more than happy to help you out with anything regarding this car. let me know if I can help.

Blair
2001 NeOhio SCCA solo II DSP runner up
Crew Venture Motorsports Group 2001 Cendiv SCCA SSB champion ( 94 Integra GS-R )
former Acura parts guy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top