Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 11:58:44 AM EDT
I picked up a shorty armalite a while back and after several 1000 rounds the groups are opening up to a couple inches at 100 yds. So I want to retire that upper to CQB type stuff and get a new 20” flat top target grade upper i.e. ¾-1 M.O.A.

Who makes the best?
I am looking at Fulton Armory.  Are they any good?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get better for cheaper.
The Oly SUM barrel is the best choice in a factory barrel.I have a brand new unfired BM 20" VMatch I would like to sell.There are several custom smiths that you can find out about on the Competetion forum on this site.
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You also might want to consider putting some mild solvent trough your armalite barrel.

I've heard stories of M16 barrels (chromelined) being discarded for not making the grade anymore when all they needed was a cleaning for copper fouling.

Of course I dont know if a couple of thousand is closer to 9999 or 1999 rounds.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:38:38 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks,

It’s closer to 3000 rounds.
This is just an excuse to get a target upper
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
hey cpermd.   how much for the 20 bm upper,or is that just the barrel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top