Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 10:25:14 AM EDT
I started it about a year ago.I love it.Ill never grow it back.Its just not worth it to me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Never had it, never will.

Mines pretty close to a crew cut tho.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I give it another year or so, then I'll be shaving it.

If boot camp memories are accurate, I don't have an attractive skull. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I tell you what.It fun to go to gun shows around here.Im a big bald white guy.All the damn Hitler Youth think your one of them.They start talking to you abut the neo nazi crap.I just want to tell them to grow up and get a life :) Well thats the pirce you have to pay to look good  :) JOKE!
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I did for six years, but the womenz prefer hair, or so they tell me. So I'm trying it long.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I did, one time when I was 21.  Unfortunately I forgot about the 4 times I had to have my scalp stitched back together.  (And the ER Dr.'s didn't seem to concerned about doing a really neat job from the looks of the scars.  Probably 'cause they figured it'd be covered with hair.)

The look was more like "Frankenstein" than "cool."
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#6]
How many of you guys shave your head because there is not much left to comb?

US engineer Paul Galvin invents the car radio. Enzo Ferrari launches his company. Colour television pictures is transmitted in New York. Kelloggs launches Rice Krispies. Popey debuts in the Thimble Theatre strip by Elzie Segar. New York Stock Exchange crash on "Black Thursday" 24 October.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
1GUNRUNNER,
I knew id get that one lol
im 23 years old .I have to shave it evry two days it grows so fast ;)
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Which head?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't shave it bald but I cut my own hair with electric trimmers with a #4 guard.  I've never been fond of long hair.  If I get up in the morning and have to comb it, it's too long.  I am going to let it grow out some before going to USMC bootcamp though.  I've heard stories about recruits who show up with thier hair very short, it's not pretty.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Cypher214:

You're right. You don't want to stand out in any way at boot camp. Try to get the most middle of the road haircut you can a few days before you ship. Guys with shaved heads or crew cuts get extra attention, as do guys with long hair. Wear a pair of blue jeans, a belt, a collared shirt and good, barely-broken-in running shoes. If things still work the way they did when I went through, they will let you keep the running shoes for PT if they are not crazy looking or some kind of cross training shoes.

Be the invisible man. Be the man your Drill Instructors can't remember the name of in Second Phase, unless you're the guy who does 22 perfect deadhang pull-ups on the IST.

If you want any other information, e-mail me. Otherwise, good luck and Godspeed!
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't actually shave my head with a raczor, but I do cut it all the way down with the electric trimmers with no attachments...

Very comfortable, and no maintenance...

I've got a perfect skull [:D]

Wife says the shaved head & thick gotee makes me look MEAN [pissed]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#12]
My roommate in the Army shaved the bottoms of his feet and his butt.  He had the crabs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I usually use a clipper with a #2 on the side and a #3 on top.  My wife says I look like a microphone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to shave it clean, but that got to be as much trouble as having hair.  It would itch when it started to grow back.  I would also get a few bumps that would not go away unless I let it grow out.  

Now I just cut it with a beard trimmer.  It cuts closer than electric clippers.  I miss the smooth shave though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a #2 or #3 trimmer. My wife won't let me go any shorter as she says my head is too scared up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Which head?
View Quote

Only the lower. Women REALLY like it, trust me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Been to the skin since I was 16

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I do, every 4-6 months. I let it grow out. Don't feel like cutting it every day or week. So I get this wicked old school afro![;)]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My roommate in the Army shaved the bottoms of his feet and his butt.  He had the crabs.
View Quote

I'm gonna need a little more on this one.  The bottoms of his feet?

Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour draws USA into WWII. The Willys General Purpose vehicle, or GP (to be known as the "jeep") is introduced by Bantam Car Co. In New York, WNBT becomes the world's first commercial radio station. Aerosol insect sprays go on sale in the US.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm going on 8 years with a shaved head.  Used my mach 3 several times, but usually just take the hair clippers without any attachments.  The bonus is, when freshly shaven, a lot of women like to rub it.

Kevin
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I shave to a 1/4 inch all the way around.  I've been doing that since last April.  I have a goatee head. I love it.  I'll never go back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Nah. I'd look like the fat guy in American History X.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I have been shaving my head for 9yrs, Skin is in
Hair is a hassel,My wife dosn't like to see hair on my head.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Not yet. But at 56, it probably won't be long.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I cut myself as it is shaving my face. The last thing I need is nicks on my noggin.

So, I just get a #2 buzz all the way around every 3 weeks or so and I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Been shaving mine for about a year, nice, never have to comb.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I haven't owned a comb since 1995.

And if you think I'm proud of that fact, you are mistaken. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I used to, but I like having the lady at the haircut place wash my hair, so I've got it a little longer now.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#29]
No joke, my head has some flat spots from birth.  If I shaved my head it would be pretty damm ugly, probably look like something out of Mad Max.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I have found the MACH 3 to work the best.
And hey guys look on the bright side dont have to spend money for shampoo :)
Most of the ladys like it too.And if they dont,see ya.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#31]
 The MACH3 is THE way to go! Been doing the shaed head deal about two years now. I have a few observations;

Once at the Minneapolis Airport a nice little blue haired old lady took me y the hand and started to tell me "what a great job I was doing" ! Thought I was Gov. Jesse Ventura!! COOL !

Another time in NYC I was approached two different times in one day  and asked if I was G. Gordon Liddy !!!!   VERY Cool!

As a full time LEO I found that many people think your a hard ass or are even afraid of you with the bald look. I found that a bit upsettling so now I'm careful to flash a smile when dealing with decent folks but could care less about the scummers.

I like the shaved head look plus half of mine is gone anyway.  Is very cool in the summer, but a bitch here in MT during the winter!

FN
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Shaved Head? Your nuts! :-) I'm 34 and just lost my widows peak about 2 years ago, otherwise my hairline is 1.5 inches from my eyes, and likely to stay that way.

All you bald ass extra testosterone guys can shave your [b]already[/b] bald head until the cows come home : it's just a way to give up and say your still good looking (lobotomy-wise).

HAR HAR HAR...they should call this thread the "whining balding guys who don't want to do HCFM".

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Another vote for the Mach 3, and Edge gel is an added bonus!

Slick that bad boy off twice a week, and PRAY you don't lay yourself open! cuz NOTHING looks worse than a big Ol' scab on your melon!

Winter ain't too bad at all, but you GOTTA watch how much sun you get in the summer! A sunburnt scalp hurts like a !#*&*&$$$(*$%@#_!!!!!!!

Anyone other Shavers grow a beard to offset the baldness??? (and no, I don't shave by force, just by choice)

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:15:10 AM EDT
[#34]
23 years old and I have been shaving my for about 2 1/2 years. I shave about every two days sometimes I wait longer.  I use a Mach 3 razor also or I will use the throw away razors every now and then just to save a little extra money.  The girls like it especially when I'm in uniform.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#35]
ozzie223,
Dude dont be pissed off at the world just because you have a misshapen head.You go right ahead and keep the hair you have to cover it up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:39:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Shaved Head? Your nuts! :-) I'm 34 and just lost my widows peak about 2 years ago, otherwise my hairline is 1.5 inches from my eyes, and likely to stay that way.
View Quote

Sounds like JoJo the Dogfaced Boy.

All you bald ass extra testosterone guys can shave your [b]already[/b] bald head until the cows come home : it's just a way to give up and say your still good looking (lobotomy-wise).
View Quote

Where's all this hostility come from? Is that a result of [b]lack[/b] of testosterone?

HAR HAR HAR...they should call this thread the "whining balding guys who don't want to do HCFM".
View Quote

Nobody here is whining, Cousin It. We're discussing.

HCFM? Explain.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I shave mine once or twice a week, shave my face daily. I don't have much on top anyway, and it looks a heck of a lot better than the "donut."  My wife likes it, so it's fine by me.  I use a straight razor, It's really a great shave if you're careful.  Saves $$$ too, I spent $80 on a good sologen blade 8 years ago, and haven't spent a penny on razors since.  Hot lather with a mug and brush is nice too.
AIRBORNE!!

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Shave the ol' noggin every 2 days for the last 8 years, women love a nice freshly shaved head. Mach 3 the only way to go!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
HCFM? Explain.
View Quote

Hair Club For Men

Ozzie's got some issues... his old lady probably left him for a bald guy and now he's bitter.

Genetics dictated that I'd be bald, so now I shave regularly. I like it 'cuz it's about as maintanance free as you're gonna get.  Sometimes I miss my hair, but not enough to blow $15,000 on transplant surgery. That's better spent on an M16 and an assload of ammo!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't shave it but I use clippers w/no guard.
At first my wife hated it, she said it makes me look dangerous, now she can't wait for a fresh cut so I can scratch her back with my head.

Tom
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#41]
#1 on the sides and #3 on top about once every month.Close enough?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Qbang writes...
ozzie223,
Dude dont be pissed off at the world just because you have a misshapen head.You go right ahead and keep the hair you have to cover it up.
View Quote

Heh heh your right, it is a very large head. Hair lets me round off the square edges.

Jarhead22 writes
Nobody here is whining, Cousin It. We're discussing.

HCFM? Explain.
View Quote

Hair Club For Men. ..and as for cousin It , I'll take that I guess. I probably have more hair on my back then you have on your chest. ;-) Once they make a 1.5 foot long disposable razor handle I might work on it.

Gunbert writes...
Ozzie's got some issues... his old lady probably left him for a bald guy and now he's bitter.
View Quote

Nope, but thanks for playing; just razzing the (apparently sensitive) hairless apes. My wife likes my full head of hair, and I bet your old lady would too if you had one. (Hair or the old lady, pick one).
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#43]
When I met my wife I wore a high and tight flattop, so the amount of hair on my melon is apparently not topping her list of concerns.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#44]
within two weeks of meeting my now wife, she got after me with the clippers, six years now, no-guard all over twice a week and while shaving my face in the mornings, I just run the razor over the top of my noggin.
TRW
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Ok guys,lets hear some storys funny or not about being a bald guy.

Frank237
Had some funny stuf happen to him,Mr Jesse Ventura here :)

I have a good one myself.Picture it.Im in a upscale bookstores mens room.I had to meet a date at 7.I ask the guy washing his hands if he has a watch .Mr average joe mid 30's looks at me like hes going to piss his pants, and says to me "Why are you going to take it from me?"I just got a big smile on my face and told him no sir i just wanted to know what time it was:)
He keeped telling me how sorry he was .... that was one of the funnyer things i have everr seen in my life.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Can't see doing it. I'll probably end up looking like David Crosby in time...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top