Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2002 2:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2002 2:41:58 PM EDT by Winston_Wolf]
… Preferably, I’m looking for about 24 feet off a 36” wide bolt. … If I cannot buy that amount does anyone have interest in going in on a group purchase on a whole roll? (fixed symbols)
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:04:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2002 3:09:57 PM EDT by fight4yourrights]
This the right stuff? [url]http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/psearch.asp?FAM=aramidpbi&desc=Kevlar+Fabric[/url] They sell 40" wide sheet by the foot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2002 4:21:25 PM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
I have 13 sheets of 4' x 8' 5/16" rigid kevlar. 1901 Christmas tree lights are introduced by Edison General Electric Co. The first facelift is performed by Eugene Hollander in Berlin on a Polish aristocrat. First time getaway car is used by 3 bank robbers in Paris.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:08:43 PM EDT
Winston_Wolf: Try "CST" (Composite Structures Technology), their website: [url]www.cstsales.com[/url] They have everything you're looking for, including epoxy resins, vaccuum bagging materials, etc. Hope this helps, havoc
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:16:02 PM EDT
MR WOLF, I just wanted to ask, what are you going to do with the kevlar? i had an idea to make kevlar boxers a few years back :)
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:00:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By QBANG: MR WOLF, I just wanted to ask, what are you going to do with the kevlar? i had an idea to make kevlar boxers a few years back :)
View Quote
... I've come up with a design for a ballistic vest friendly with the use of a LBV. In this case the matrix will be the key, also I'm developing a process for preforming the fiber for a more custom fit to my "contours". ... Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:04:18 PM EDT
Do not apply any resin to the kevlar. This will reduce the ballistic properties. Spectra fiber from Honeywell (developed by the company they bought out who I can't remeber at the moment)would be the hot ticket if you can get your hands on it. I think it is only available to those "in the trade".
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:18:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ccg: Do not apply any resin to the kevlar. This will reduce the ballistic properties. Spectra fiber from Honeywell (developed by the company they bought out who I can't remeber at the moment)would be the hot ticket if you can get your hands on it. I think it is only available to those "in the trade".
View Quote
... You, Sir, are correct! I plan on using a relatively soft modulus matrix of "Hot Glue". .. You are right, you don't want the fiber to shear (as it would with a tough resin) but rather deflect in a bending moment finally transforming the Kevlar and trapping the projectile exploiting the materials' superb tensile properties. Ah, after hours engineeing projects while sipping red wine. ... Too fun!
Top Top