Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Aside from becoming entirely isolationist and becoming an easy target for anybody, how would you protect this country from terrorism, trickshot?

You and your small cohort of libertarian anarchists constantly scream about how we're sliding down the slope into totalitarianism. Give us some suggestions then. You wouldn't have sent the troops to Afghanistan? What would you have done?
View Quote

Instead of repeatedly asking questions that they never answer, I'd like to see the libertarian anarchist wing of AR15.com actually make some clear, concise, English-language statements that explain what's going on and what should be done about it. I'm all ears.
View Quote

Do you have an answer? A guess? An idea?

Or just a question?
View Quote

trickshot, Invictus, libertyof76, liberty86? Are you avoiding the question, or do you find it unworthy of an answer?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Post from raf -
Is this the same Gen'l Washington who begged for a French alliance (entanglement) during the American revolution?
View Quote

'Begged'? Is that the correct choice of word for what Gen. Washington was doing?

I don't know, it just sounds so inappropriate in describing [u]anything[/u] that Gen. Washington did during the War.

Eric The('Sought'WouldBePreferable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Instead of repeatedly asking questions that they never answer, I'd like to see the libertarian anarchist wing of AR15.com actually make some clear, concise, English-language statements that explain what's going on and what should be done about it. I'm all ears.
View Quote

If you want to know whats going on, why not do a little research? First, start with the Federalist papers, and a whole slew of writings dating back to the Mayflower Compact. Then look at US history for the last 200 or so years, paying particular attention to US supreme court decisions. Then;
[url]http://www.unwatch.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.igc.org/habitat/agenda21/[/url]
[url]http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/[/url]
[url]http://sovereignty.freedom.org/[/url]
[url]http://www.cascadian.com/CRC/Directory/Sovereignty.html[/url]
[url]http://www.fee.org/[/url]
[url]http://www.mercyseat.net/[/url]
[url]http://www.involved.com/ewolfe/distress/links.htm[/url]

Why don't I explain it myself you ask? I hope the answer is obvious, but in case it isn't, it takes real motivation to look, study, and try to filter fact from fiction.

2 Timothy 3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Titus 3:3  For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Raf, 'implore' 'beseech' and the like were very common words used in the 18th century as a matter of courtesy and respect.

There was no 'groveling' as may now attach to the word 'beg' and I'll guaran-damn-tee you that the word 'beg' appears in none of Gen. Washington's entreaties to the French.

Eric The(MoreOnThisLater)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Hiya Eric, how the heck are ya today...
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#9]
liberty86:

You've got nothing there but a stack of links and a few more cryptic questions.

Why don't I explain it myself you ask? I hope the answer is obvious, but in case it isn't, it takes real motivation to look, study, and try to filter fact from fiction.
View Quote

So you won't explain yourself because you're trying to help me become motivated? Or you won't answer because I don't deserve an answer since I'm not motivated enough to find that answer myself? Circular logic at its finest!

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
View Quote

So which am I, one of the evil men or the seducers?

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another
View Quote

[b]???[/b]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Aside from becoming entirely isolationist and becoming an easy target for anybody, how would you protect this country from terrorism, trickshot?

You and your small cohort of libertarian anarchists constantly scream about how we're sliding down the slope into totalitarianism. Give us some suggestions then. You wouldn't have sent the troops to Afghanistan? What would you have done?
View Quote

I can't speak for trick, but I'll speak for me. I wouldn't have pissed them off in the first place! We never would have "had" to send troops anywhere! Your "isolationist" statement gives you away. Could you tell me what is bad about "isolationist"? As opposed to "internationalist"?

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
liberty86:

You've got nothing there but a stack of links and a few more cryptic questions.

So you won't explain yourself because you're trying to help me become motivated? Or you won't answer because I don't deserve an answer since I'm not motivated enough to find that answer myself? Circular logic at its finest!
View Quote

I'm not trying to get you motivated, that comes from within. If you are content, so be it. As for the second part of your question see above. Idid ans wer ALL your questions several posts ago. [b]Sort truth from fiction![/b] If you have done that, and are content, peace be upon you. May your chains set lightly...

Matthew 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Your "isolationist" statement gives you away. Could you tell me what is bad about "isolationist"? As opposed to "internationalist"?
View Quote

At a certain level, we have to make agreements and arrangements with other countries over things like trade and extradition. It is also in the interest of America to help democratic governments resist totalitarianism in its various forms, such as helping Taiwan vs China.

I don't at all consider myself an internationalist. I think we give [b]far[/b] too much money to other countries and have troops in far too many other countries. We were the single largest donor to Afghanistan last year when it was still ruled by the Taliban. Now, I can see giving some aid to countries that are totally screwed by a [b]naturally occuring[/b] famine, unlike the one in Somalia in 1993, or some other natural disaster. But Africans should have stepped in to aid the Somalis instead of us going in there and playing in that sewer.

We definitely don't need to have 10,000 troops in South Korea to defend them against the North, when South Korea's 1,000,000 troops are some of the toughest, most disciplined in the world.

But we can't just retreat completely off the world stage. With us or without us, the UN will be there, making decisions that will affect the world and the way other countries interact with the USA. I'd love to see the US out of the UN, but we'd still have to deal with them in one manner or another.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to get you motivated, that comes from within.
View Quote

You've got nothing to teach me about motivation.

If you are content, so be it.
View Quote

I'm not content. That's why I keep fruitlessly trying to extract real meaning from your posts.

As for the second part of your question see above. I did answer ALL your questions several posts ago.
View Quote

You answered nothing. You gave a list of links and bible quotations. That's no answer. If your answer is that you won't tell me, and that if I want to know what you know, I have to follow your same path of study, just say so.

[b]Sort truth from fiction![/b]
View Quote

That's becoming easier and easier.

If you have done that, and are content, peace be upon you. May your chains set lightly...
View Quote

I've said it before: If libertarians weren't so damned smug, they'd have a much easier time converting people to their way of thinking.

Matthew 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
View Quote

What does this have to do with our discussion? Are you calling me a dog or a pig?

[b]Why be so cryptic?[/b]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
View Quote

I am trying to get a simple translation since I am not a bible expert

Does it mean: don't give the good shit to the bad people, because they don't appreciate it and will throw it in your face?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Raf, 'implore' 'beseech' and the like were very common words used in the 18th century as a matter of courtesy and respect.

There was no 'groveling' as may now attach to the word 'beg' and I'll guaran-damn-tee you that the word 'beg' appears in none of Gen. Washington's entreaties to the French.

Eric The(MoreOnThisLater)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric,
please give some careful consideration to your golfing reference - "guaran-damn-tee."

Words such as 'implore - 'beseech' - as well as 'beg' were all used in the 18th century as words of courtesy and respect.

I 'beg' an audience with........ would be about the same as ...I request a meeting with...today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
View Quote

I am trying to get a simple translation since I am not a bible expert

Does it mean: don't give the good shit to the bad people, because they don't appreciate it and will throw it in your face?
View Quote

You're close Sat, but instead of "bad" people, perhaps "indifferent" may be a better term.
The greek is "choiros", translated out to "swine", a pig. I think the meaning here is that pigs are indifferent to anything around them except their own comfort (i.e. a nice cool place to lie around, and food). In my case, it simply meant citizens who rally to whatever the "cause" of the moment is, without questioning how they got there. "Pearls" greek "margarites" means "word of value". Hope this helps.....

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Someone once told me, "Never try to teach a pig to dance. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

I'll just chalk this up to a lesson learned.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trickshot, Invictus: How would YOU have us treat these individuals, whose entire purpose in life is to kill as many of us as they can? When you have an infection, do you not take an antibotic? Or do you try to talk the virus out of making you ill? Perhaps you blame yourself for wiping your nose after touching that dirty doorknob in the men's room?
View Quote

Their entire purpose in life is [b]NOT[/b] to kill as many of us as they can. Their purpose is to get us the hell out of their countries! Have any of you done any research on the Afghan pipeline project? Why was the WTC hit? What is it that push's someone to give their life to kill their enemies? Most of the posters have swallowed the media/government line hook, line, and sinker! [b]I challange any of you to demonstrate ANY war in the last 75 years in which we knew the truth about the reasons for it![/b] This is the same media/govt. that "informed" us about JFK murder, Ruby Ridge, Waco, and OKC!! [b]AND YOU BELIEVE THEM??[/b]
May your chains sit lightly upon you...
View Quote

The problem has already been stated repeatedly, however like many of the libs I see on this board (and democrats), you choose to complain about the problem but are unwilling to provide any kind of solution, viable or not.

So, to repeat, what would YOU have us do with these individuals, whose ENTIRE GOAL IN LIFE IS TO KILL AMERICANS?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top