Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/20/2002 9:05:53 AM EDT
Quoted:
Either this thread disappears, or I may just reveal who "Imbroglio" actually is ([i]other username[/i])...  and he's a very senior member!
View Quote

Quoted:
Imbroglio is a made up persona by another member, and this particular personna is a fictictional manic depressant...

If this person is actually feeling this way, then using his real identity would be suitable, but we all know that posting as "Imbroglio" is a joke, and nothing more!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
With thousands of posts under either alias...geez, somebody has a lot of time on their hands.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Did anybody really think that someone that only owned a 10/22 and a .38, because he couldn't afford anything else, couldn't get a date or even talk to women and hasn't had a job in I can't remember how long would actually pay $60 to have a picture by his name at ar15.com?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I often wondered if it was true but, who in their "right mind" has enough time to post almost 5000 post on one name let alone two.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
So start the guess's to who the wack job really is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Hay to add to the mystery how about this??

MAYBE HE IS INDEPENDANTLY WEALTHY.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Noooooooooooooooo!!!

Say it aint so!!!

There is not really a guy whos life is worst than mine!!!!

LOL

Actually I have a great life/wife/family...still need more guns yet!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I seem to remember the creation of the Imbroglio ID to taunt an Imbrog|io that would post here.  So this fictional poster is actually based in reality, somewhat.  (Hence the only owning the 10/22 and .38, that was true but not quite so advertised.)

Though honestly until now, I wasn't sure if this was the old Imbrog|io just posting under the less-spoofable name.  I just hadn't cared enough to give it a second thought.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to stir the pot like this guys, but that other thread was apalling!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

"It's a lot easier to let the cat out of the bag than to be the one who has to try and put it back in"

[b]So, who is it?[/b]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm completely amazed that everyone seems to think that Imbroglio is a real person. I've always though he was a spoof. Kind of reminded me of one of the Jerky Boys characters, the guy with the thick glasses.

p.s. There is no such thing as Santa Claus [<|:D>]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Since that thread is LOCKED and will die off on its own, the mystery shall grow! [?]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I seem to remember the creation of the Imbroglio ID to taunt an Imbrog|io that would post here.  So this fictional poster is actually based in reality, somewhat.  (Hence the only owning the 10/22 and .38, that was true but not quite so advertised.)

Though honestly until now, I wasn't sure if this was the old Imbrog|io just posting under the less-spoofable name.  I just hadn't cared enough to give it a second thought.
View Quote

I thought they were the same person as the new board code would only recognise numbers and letters.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I seem to remember hearing some very serious rumors that Imbroglio was Paul.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh, hell, ya can't just drop this on us then split, out him!  Out him!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#16]
If there were no Imbroglio, we would have to invent him. [:D]

I've come to rely on Imbro's tales of woe for my daily dose of [i]schadenfreude[/i]. [}:)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought they were the same person as the new board code would only recognise numbers and letters.
View Quote

Ed Zachary
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I seem to remember hearing some very serious rumors that Imbroglio was Paul.
View Quote

No, you see; the Walrus was Paul.   [:D]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Ha Ha! The goof has been found out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Did anybody really think that someone that only owned a 10/22 and a .38, because he couldn't afford anything else...
View Quote

Interesting, that somewhat describes me.  I have a non-working AR (Oly, the bolt won't close over an inserted mag), a non-working Kel-Tec (pics at [url]users.upstate.net/zoom/P-32/[/url]), and a $35 shotgun.
couldn't get a date or even talk to women and hasn't had a job in I can't remember how long...
View Quote

Well, I'm married.  That's my women excuse.  I do have a job, but it doesn't pay much.
...would actually pay $60 to have a picture by his name at ar15.com?
View Quote

I've got a $60 postal MO sitting here ready to mail to GB.  I feel like I owe something for the site, given the time I spent here, so I'm spending the $60 here before I spend it to use on shipping to send my Kel-Tec back again or on ammo.  It's a responsibility thing.z

PS: schadenfreude is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Whomever Imbroglio is he/she has broken the Code of Conduct for this forum.  60 bucks or not, it should be dealt with without bias as to whom this person really is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#22]
You mean people make up fake identities on the internet and post under different personas?

NO!!! NOOOO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Can't be true. I am having a crisis.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Did anybody really think that someone that only owned a 10/22 and a .38, because he couldn't afford anything else, couldn't get a date or even talk to women and hasn't had a job in I can't remember how long would actually pay $60 to have a picture by his name at ar15.com?
View Quote

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio."

edited because I can't spell than and I believe, Imbro, I believe.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#24]
So maybe Imbroglio only wants to have a .38 and a 10/22! Have you guys ever thought of that? Huh? Nothing wrong with [u]that[/u], is there? I mean, ...well, nothing [u]horribly[/u] wrong with [u]that[/u], is there?

Omigod, now that I've thought about what I just wrote - he really [b]is[/b] a depressed individual!

Eric The(NotThatThere'sAnythingWrongWithThat)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#25]
He did screw up on a thread a few days ago on I believe Dragracrarts "laid off" thread; where he identified his union local but, I see it was deleted.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Well..  He certainly does  "Flex" the stories
about his fruity womanz... [;)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#27]
next thing, you'll be telling me there's no Easter Bunny.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Get a grip.

Imbroglio's real name is Bryan Wada, he has been around longer than most, both on the old AR15-List and AR15.com.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Get a grip.

Imbroglio's real name is Bryan Wada, he has been around longer than most, both on the old AR15-List and AR15.com.
View Quote

What's his other board name?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Unless he is real, and our lack of support results in him doing himself harm.  If he were incline to, I would suggest he use the  .38 over the .22.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

well...  I guess I am just a dumbass..  I dont see what your refering to..  and in a search I find nothing about Tongue in cheek.. [rolleyes]

realist out
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#32]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=87848[/url]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Raise your hand if you give a damn...[:X*]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Are you guys saying Imbroglio has been "outed", as it were? he he
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Well it seems Steyr Aug had trouble remembering who he was at first.He said he was a pilot that flew for the DEA I believe.However he had a dyke boss who hated him and a wife who didn't like his flying for the goverment.Too dangerous..I'm shure there are pilots here who fly for one reason.They LOVE it.Yet he became a FFL instead of looking for another pilots job.Theres a big jump in pay.Seems to me he could get a job just about any place with that on his resume.But wait.On his 86th post he was an FFL.See his answer to HKgnnr

SteyrAUG

US
86 Posts
Posted - 02/24/2001 : 18:38:11

Dude, you are fvckin' killing me. I am an FFL and you just described
everyone I know or ever met. I am lauging so goddamn hard I stopped
breathing twice and might have pissed myself once. Jheez, this has
got to be the most insightful post to date.

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=87790[/url]

edited to add link
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=87848[/url]
View Quote

ANTI...  I think your reading between the lines too much..  Imbloglio's post's were quite innocent enough..  I don't believe he was insinuating anything about Brian at all..

Ar15fan is right...  Get a Grip !!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well it seems Steyr Aug had trouble remembering who he was at first.He said he was a pilot that flew for the DEA I believe.However he had a dyke boss who hated him and a wife who didn't like his flying for the goverment.Too dangerous..I'm shure there are pilots here who fly for one reason.They LOVE it.Yet he became a FFL instead of looking for another pilots job.Theres a big jump in pay.Seems to me he could get a job just about any place with that on his resume.But wait.On his 86th post he was an FFL.See his answer to HKgnnr

SteyrAUG

US
86 Posts
Posted - 02/24/2001 : 18:38:11

Dude, you are fvckin' killing me. I am an FFL and you just described
everyone I know or ever met. I am lauging so goddamn hard I stopped
breathing twice and might have pissed myself once. Jheez, this has
got to be the most insightful post to date.

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=87790[/url]

edited to add link
View Quote

I believe on 12/24/01 SteyrAUG had a lot more than 86 posts.  Besides the fact that you could be about anything and have an FFL.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#38]
This was Febuary 01 and I copied this that day.When he quit he said he was thinkin about getting an FFL.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I always thought Imbrog|io was for real.  About a year ago I was in chat, and the guy I was talking to said he met Imbroglio at an AR15.com shoot.  I was real curious to hear what Imbroglio was like in real life (somehow I didn't think he really worked fast food, was 4'11 and weighed 350 lbs).  The guy said in real life Imbroglio was a tall blonde guy, and that he didn't like him, because he was taking photos of everyone and their cars.  

So I assumed Imbrolio was a real person, who exagerrated his pitifulness. I forgot when Imbroglio and Imbrog|io started showing up together.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, as Imborlio continues his mission in life to fuck with peoples heads, I'm sure he is enjoying all this excitement.

Just for the record, when the new AR15.com site was introduced in a beta-version, someone snagged the "Imbroglio" screen name, forcing the real one to make up Imbrog|io to be able to post.  I guess he whined enough to GB to get his handle back, and has had an illustrious and productive career being the AR15.com jester.

I, too, am amazed as well that someone would bother to have two identities here.  Makes ya wonder, don't it?

Oh, and anti- I didn't get a chance to respond to your comments before.  Good call on busting Imborlio.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I knew a guy that said he saw bigfoot. He even got a picture

[img]http://www.crystalinks.com/bigfoot.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I just want to know if this is him or not.  He walked right by the questions about the pic below.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Fces1%2Ejpg[/img]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=85528[/url]

[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I think we all know that Imborlio is the chick in the pic...

[:P]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Imb is Imb.

Get off his case, y'all. He's a good guy, tongue in cheek a lot of the time, but if he says he is serious, he is serious.

Imb, hope you feel better soon.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Main Entry: [b]im·bro·glio[/b]
Pronunciation: im-'brOl-(")yO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -glios
Etymology: Italian, from imbrogliare to entangle, from Middle French embrouiller -- more at EMBROIL
Date: 1750
1 : a confused mass
2 a : an intricate or complicated situation (as in a drama or novel) b : an acutely painful or embarrassing misunderstanding c : a violently confused or bitterly complicated altercation : EMBROILMENT
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#49]
OK ,so everyone can sleep tonight....I'm Imbroglio! Yeah, that's it. I fooled everyone for so long it was getting boring actually depressing...yeah thats it. My alter ego is really Deadeye and .....man I hate it when my meds kick in.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OK ,so everyone can sleep tonight....I'm Imbroglio! Yeah, that's it. I fooled everyone for so long it was getting boring actually depressing...yeah thats it. My alter ego is really Deadeye and .....man I hate it when my meds kick in.
View Quote

Gonna have to prove it.

William Kellogg invents cornflakes. Lewis Nixon invents sonar. Instant coffee invented by Mr G Washington, an Englishman living in Guatemala. The first Grand Prix is held at Le Mans, France - won by Romanian driver Ferenc Szisz in a Renault. Picasso invents cubism.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top