Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 10:01:14 AM EDT
Laura Bush made a speech to the National Press Club on 11/8 in which she mentioned Ted's dog was named Splash.  It was one of those Bush lovefest-with-the-Kennedy speeches.  Disgusting in and of itself.  I don't know how they can do it, even to manipulate his ego.  

Ted named his dog Splash?  I don't know where to begin with this one.  His drinking, Mary Jo, what?  

If he was convicted of manslaughter back in the 1960's and became a professor somewhere, he would have a better reputation than he does now.  

[url]http://www.whitehouse.gov/firstlady/news-speeches/speeches/fl20011108.html[/url]  
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ted named his dog Splash?  I don't know where to begin with this one.  His drinking, Mary Jo, what?
View Quote

That wasn't Teddy's (the corpulent tick's) first choice though.  These are the other names that he decided NOT to go with:

"iscrewederunconcious"
"droveroffthebridge"
"letterdrown"
"splitthescene"
"lefterferdead"
"liedtothecops"
"gotoffscotfree"
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Think I'll acknowledge and say nothing.
(There.  I just did it.)

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
"Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns."
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Musta named it after his brothers kid. Sorry ,it was just too easy and I couldn't pass it up!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Musta named it after his brothers kid. Sorry ,it was just too easy and I couldn't pass it up!
View Quote

Quickwitted classic!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That one didn't "sink in" for a while! But then I got it!

Deadeye47, you are ONE TRULY SICK DUDE! ......... But you're funny as hell! [:D]

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]
The dog is a Portugese Water Dog.  They love to swim, so Splash makes some sense.  The fact that he has one of these nice dogs (and takes good care of it) is one redeeming thing about Teddie.  Unlike Bill Clinton, Ted's dogs can expect to live a long and happy life.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unlike Bill Clinton, Ted's dogs can expect to live a long and happy life.
View Quote

He might live a happy life as long as he isn't trying to live off Teddy's table scraps.

[:)]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife saw Teddy speak at a medical convention in Boston last year- she said his fat, florid, face looks like a pot roast.....[%|]  

I wouldn't be surprised if he indeed has cirrhosis of the liver.

"And when I returned, Mary Jo and the cah were gone...."
- --TED KENNEDY

I am so old, I can remember when the Kennedys killed their women one at a time.
- --BOB BROWN
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The dog is a Portugese Water Dog. They love to swim, so Splash makes some sense

--- so the dog can safely go in the car with Teddy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top