Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.cardsandgreetings.com/lightbulb_onoff_lg_wht.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

BTW, What is a "loosers?" [:D]
View Quote

Loosers are people that habitually mis[:)]pell lose.  It is a running joke that you would know if you've been 'round here long.

(edatid too ad rkbar15 is a big looser)
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

P.S. The good thing of fluorescent fixtures is not only the lower wattage.  You screw the power company out of more money, through inductive reactance of the transformer in the ballast. [}:D]
View Quote

For those of you familiar with complex power......
The power company charges on power (Watts)/time (P/t) or "true power", that is simply:
P = (I^2)R, VI, or (V^2)/R
where: [i]* ^2 = squared[/i]

Since in the US, power is supplied via a 60Hz sinusoid and the ballast load is inductive, it has a reactive impedance "Z" which is dependant on the frequency (60Hz). Now enters the complex J component in the load which the power company ignores in the power math. This is the apparent power; "S" The units are; VA or Volts-Amperes.
Just substitue the the impedance "Z" for the real resistance "R" in the above power equations.

There is also VAR reactive power.........

[:D]
View Quote

I just wanted to add in layman terms, blah blah blah, blah blah.

This theory can be applied to motor loads also.  I have reference material in this room.........but I don't want to boar[:)] people or waste my time.[;)]    
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I kinda like the dark anyway.
But don't leave me without a bulb in my Sure-Fire!!!
[:)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Loosers are people that habitually mis[:)]pell lose.  It is a running joke that you would know if you've been 'round here long.
View Quote

I was jist tryin' to edicate the loosers who didn't know. Yur musta missed the big grin afta "loosers!" [:D]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top