Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 7:17:42 PM EDT
I am looking to put a fixed colapsable stock on my postban.  I plan to take a regular colapsable and glue it at the desired length to stay within BATF guidlines.

The question is:
How short can I make this thing and still be legal?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Short as you want, as long as it's fixed at that length.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Im  not sure if "gluing" it will satisify the JBT's. Just spend a couple bux and buy a Non Collapsing TUBE and use the hardware off your collapsing stock. P.S. Keep the old tube till the ban goes away.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish they ever lifted bans on our gun rights.  I cannot think of a time that it has happened.

Can you?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC...The rifle still must be (federal) 26" overall W/at least a 16" barrel in length or whatever your state has specified to be the maximum specified length w/a 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish they ever lifted bans on our gun rights.  I cannot think of a time that it has happened.

Can you?
View Quote

Max the 94 AW ban sunsets in 04......
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
alexanderredhook's right.
The barrel has to be at least 16".
And as long as the OAL is at least 26" you're OK. The stock HAS to be (at least double) pinned [b][u]and[/b][/u] epoxied though.

I've got one NIB that's been pinned & epoxied in the closed position by Gunsmoke (Completely legal), in case you're interested in an even trade. He did a nice job, & it's never been mounted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top