Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 7:44:10 AM EDT
I was talking to my six year old the other day.I noticed that when his brother and him played he was always the bad guy.He always flew the Japanese plane when playing Pearl Harbor.When playing cops and robbers he was always the robber.

I asked him why he always wanted to be the bad guy.He said at school he was always the bad guy.I asked him why he didn't take turns.He said they always wanted him to be the bad guy.He said he didn't mind being the bad guy.I was getting a little angry when he said .They alawys argued over who would be the bad guy.It tok up alot of their playtime.I was still angry,telling him no one should be the bad guy all the time.

He looked at me and said "It's alright because I'm the good guy in real life."

You shure are boy.You shure are.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Kids will humble you in a heartbeat, won't they?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a pretty secure foundation from which a fine adult will come.

Congratulations to you and your wife(?).
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I asked him why he always wanted to be the bad guy.
He looked at me and said "It's alright because I'm the good guy in real life."

You shure are boy.You shure are.
View Quote

Your son has a good head on his shoulders.  That is more than I can say for a lot of adults.  Adults have have a funny way of equating/confusing what they see in the movies with reality. Trying to duplicate various dangerous on-screen movie stunts in real life. Witness stupid adults laying in the middle of a highway with speeding cars, the forcastle scene from the Titanic etc.

I try to remind my children that the movies they see is really fantasy.  I ask my children to tell me the name of the character, and then I ask them what is his name in real life.  Of course I try to emphasize the fact when the same actor is in another movie.  I also make it a point to say that the bad-guy that was killed in the previous movie is now playing a good guy in this movie etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top