Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2002 8:56:17 PM EDT
I just saw a post about the exchange of "Unintended Consiquences".  Perhaps we should have an exchange forum.  I've a copy of "Black Hawk Down", several Tom Clancy books, and God knows what else that I'd be willing to exchange. I never get rid of a technical book, but novels I rarely read more than once.
For the most part, I love the books I have bought.  I go to the bookstore and read enough to know I want a book before I buy it.  However, I often only want to read a book once.  After that it just sits around.  If some else wants a book I've got, I give it to them.  
If people are interested, let's get his going.  All the books I am willing to trade, I will for the price of shipping.  I got my use of it, somebody else should too.
Also, if somebody needs a book, get ahold of me.  Me g-friend works in a bookstore.  Her boss has a knack for finding lost and forgoten books.  I think he spends 48 hours a day on Ebay.

/rl

BTW:  Some of my books are not in "NEW" condition, but all are readable.  I have a habit of just tossing books wherever, witch scars them up.  On the other hand, getting a book at the book shipping rate, I doubt I'd bitch:)
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this could be a good FORUM LINE. And lots of fun.
I am looking for a book called "They called it Paschendaele" by Lynn Mac Donald. Any help would be appriciated. The book was recomended to me by a member. When I asked the father of an English friend , he fought in the battle, I was told the book was very real and the truth...pat
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Climber, do you climb rock or alpine??
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Gah!  I don't see it under a number of search engines, but I will forward it to Charlie (owner of the store).  He's good, but it looks like a very limited and out of print book.  I'd say... 2-3 months.  I may very well be wrong, tho.  He deals in metaphysical/Wiccan sort of things, but sees a lot of books.  If I hear anything, I will email you.  Otherwise, remind me in a month or so.  email to [email protected], and I will respond.

/rl
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The story of the third battle of ypres. published last in 1983 by michael joseph. written by lyn MacDonald.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]
id like to read some of those "Dirty Tricks" or "get even" books. I would buy one but I anticipate them to be corny but would still like to check one out. If anyone has any they want to trade let me know.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybdoy have an extra copy of The Road to Kalamata, by Major Mike Hoare?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top