Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2001 3:05:53 AM EDT
How good are Rock River Arms AR's?  They look nice, and they have a good website, so I was wondering how the actually rifles are?  I like their mid-length handguards and "Forged A2 Tactical Upper Receiver Assembly".

Also, are the post-ban non-collaspible CAR stocks the same as Bushmasters?  

AND, I thought M4 handguards were strictly made by Colt only(patent rights), is this still true?  Are the ones Rock River is selling made by Colt or what?  Thanks! [:)]

Here's a link to their rifles...
http://www.rockriverarms.com/rifles/default.htm
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 3:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like RRA.  They have some very nice products and great customer service.  There triggers are especially nice.  Rank up there with the Jewells and for a lot less money.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 3:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the principle of RRA came from Armalite.  From what I can see their quality is at least as good as Armalite's and their prices are a tad less.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Rock River Arms makes an EXCELLANT FORGED Lower.  I will pick up were Halfcocked left off.  One owner was VP of Procurement while the other was VP of Marketing and QC.

Since they have left, Armalite's quality and product have dimished somewhat.  Armalite is not what it was since they have left.  They did bring some of what they learned from Armalite.  Have you noticed their catalogue, it looks just like Armalites.  Must be using same publisher [:D]

We have sold about 21 Mid-length handguard uppers in the last 2 months.  I believe Rock River is carving out their own future and it looks bright.  I amoung others believe any drastic changes that are to be made to the future of AR15's and how they will be changed will be though Rock River Arms [b]R&D department[/b].  

As far as the new M4 stocks (4 & NEW 6 position) are made thru them, they just put whomevers company logo on it then ship them out to that company.

DavidT / DTHOR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top