Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/16/2002 6:38:54 PM EDT
I was thinking there might be a gray area here. What is the difference between in a backpack and a suitcase? Or a fanny pack? It's not really hidden on your body?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:44:24 PM EDT
[i]Is a gun in a packpack/fannypack(gay)[/i] ... Yes [i]concealed ?[/i] ... Not to me ... hey dude!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:47:36 PM EDT
yup, pretty much concealed in plain sight
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:47:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2002 6:48:49 PM EDT by lordtrader]
Concealed basically means the weapon is not in full view. I guess that would depend on the state you live in and what you are doing at the time. Here in TX, they have a provision that if you are traveling(i.e. driving to El Paso from Dallas. I believe if you cross a county line other than for the purpose of normal travel like work and such) you may carry concealed on your person. This is a defense, not a right like when you have a CCW. So you may still get a ticket and have to dispute it in court with this defense. In VT, as I understand it you can carry concealed with no permit at all times. In CA you ar f'ked. BTW r u the same crappybob associated with nicbig? If so glad to see ya here. [:D] yes I'm the same lordtrader on your site.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:49:50 PM EDT
Yea LT My forums are gasping for air so in the evening I check this place out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:49:56 PM EDT
Yes, in a fanny pack, back pack, etc. is concealed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:51:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2002 6:53:58 PM EDT by Tanstaafl]
It's only gay if [b][size=5][violet]Otis the punk[/violet][/size=5][/b] nails your keister.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:53:47 PM EDT
In TX a fanny-pack (or "hip pouch") is acceptable for CC. As long as no one can notice a outline or imprint of the handgun in the fanny pack or similar belt pack. I believe it also acceptable for a backpack (it is "on your person"). Although, I see little benefit in carrying a CCW in a backpack. I am also unknowing about the CCW in the briefcase scenario. Also, these are state mandated laws so they vary.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:55:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Crappybob: Yea LT My forums are gasping for air so in the evening I check this place out.
View Quote
Well hangout man, we have a lot of fun here. Lots of info on guns and life in general. Say hi to our resident board admin Goatboy, as one board admin to another. We also have local get togethers thoughout the country, will give you a chance to shoot up stuff and meet other members. We also have a handgun forum: [url]http://handguns.ar15.com/forums/index.html[/url] and if you like Commie rifles and a bit of debauchery go here: [url]http://ak.ar15.com/forums/index.html[/url] No need to register again, one registration gets you into all sites. Welcome and enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:47:39 PM EDT
I think the coolest place to move to if your a gun enthusiast is a state like Arizona. I believe they can carry all the time in full view....can you imagine a punk running up to a guy wearing a piece and and demanding his wallet.... 25 other people drawing down on the scumbag. OK, never mind no one would be that stupid....hay ,wait a minute...never mind I guess that really makes too much sense.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 3:18:36 AM EDT
LT - Here in TX, they have a provision that if you are traveling(i.e. driving to El Paso from Dallas. I believe if you cross a county line other than for the purpose of normal travel like work and such) you may carry concealed on your person. This is a defense, not a right like when you have a CCW. So you may still get a ticket and have to dispute it in court with this defense. [b] According to info received at DPS CHL Instructor's course, the traveling provision in Texas Law does NOT allow for concealed carry on ones person, but does allow a loaded pistol to be in your vehicle. However, again according to the DPS you must be crossing multiple county lines and be staying overnight or traveling back to your residence from an over-night stay. Note as LT stated this is not a right only a defense and as was stated in class entirely dependent upon the discretion of the officer making the stop.[/b] FYI, Mike
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:40:26 AM EDT
I hate carrying in a fannyback, but often do. Yes, I think it looks gay, so if anyone asks about my fannypack, I just lisp.. Yeth, isn't it FAB-U-lous...It's the bethst place I've found to tuck my 9.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:07:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hipower: I hate carrying in a fannyback, but often do. Yes, I think it looks gay, so if anyone asks about my fannypack, I just lisp.. Yeth, isn't it FAB-U-lous...It's the bethst place I've found to tuck my 9.
View Quote
And it's (it'th?) probably a great disguise. As most gay people are anti-gun leftists (with the exception of the Pink Pistols), nobody would expect you'd be carrying a gun. And, you'd probably be the last person who'd be body-searched for.... concealed weapons.. "Oh, no- I ain't puttin' my hands on HIM!" [:D]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:16:34 AM EDT
One possible problem with wearing a fannypack, and carrying a concealed pistol, is that, if the material of the fannypack is soft enough (soft leathers, nylons, etc.) the pistol could print, thereby scaring the sheep and earning you a visit from Officer O'Malley. No thanks. In MA, a parent picking his kid up from school about a year ago in suburban Boston was "outed" by a school cop who saw the outline of the pistol in the man's fanny pack. Cop asked, "Are you carrying a gun?" Parent, being truthful (dumb), replies, "Yes, officer and I have an LTC-A." "You DID have an LTC-A, and guns. No longer." Carrying on MA school property is a state crime, unless you are an LEO.[rolleyes] ...................... Repeat after me: "Self-defense is evil. It is racist, sexist, imperialist, and bad for the ozone layer. Neither I nor anyone I know can be allowed to exercise self-defense. All power to the state. The state will protect those who are worthy of such protection. Those not protected probably are conservatives and had it coming anyway." Repeat four times a day while bowing before a picture of Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:15:31 AM EDT
Boy... You got a real pretty mouth.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:04:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MrP: Boy... You got a real pretty mouth.
View Quote
You Brute....'wanna see my 9?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:40:02 AM EDT
View Quote
Why do the words "Ned Beatty" and "banjoes" suddenly come to mind? [shock] ...................... I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. - --WINSTON CHURCHILL
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:51:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2002 9:52:35 AM EDT by Hipower]
Originally Posted By 95thFoot:
View Quote
Why do the words "Ned Beatty" and "banjoes" suddenly come to mind? [shock] ...................... I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. - --WINSTON CHURCHILL
View Quote
Ned's Lament: My agent told me the part was good, and I'd be recognized, but did it have to be because I was SODOMIZED!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:13:39 PM EDT
95thFoot: And it's (it'th?) probably a great disguise. As most gay people are anti-gun leftists (with the exception of the Pink Pistols), nobody would expect you'd be carrying a gun. And, you'd probably be the last person who'd be body-searched for.... concealed weapons...
View Quote
95thFoot, that's probably a good point [i](I think=)[/i]. I don't know who's right or wrong, but when I wander through 'da hoods where robbery is most likely - I don't care if every sonofabitch within Bryco throwing distance knows I'm "heavy". As a matter of fact, I prefer it, & often wear cloths that I KNOW print bad. But not to cause problems - just to avoid them (It's worked for 30+ years anyway). The tough part is knowing where the edge is with the state & local LEAs. I've never used a fanny pack (seems kinda weird to me too). I DO use a briefcase now & then (SLOW!), & I've used camera cases while traveling a couple times. JMO
View Quote
Top Top