Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2002 5:33:27 PM EDT
Hi, I live in Canada and am the biggest gun newbie there is :P  I don't even have a FAC!  So, I have a few n00bish questions to ask:
1.  How can I get a FAC?*don't laugh please*
2.  Do I need anything special to get a M16-type rifle?  What about handguns?
3.  Also had my eye on the Ak-47, but I fear it's been banned.  What Assualt type rifles are banned?
4.  I saw a M4 for $2225 Canadian (1392 US).  Is this a rip-0ff?  How much do these guns go for?
5.  What company makes the best M4?
6.  Any other help you could give a n00b would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any carrots?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If you do not have an PAL you are SOL with regard to the AK.

All of the cool guns are prohibitted except the AR which is restricted.

The only COOL non restricteds are very expensive

ie SIG 540 @2700
G36 @2700
Robinson M96 @ 2600

They are probhibited under class 12(5) by C-68

The M4 however is just restricted at this time.  New US regs however are making them a little more rare for the moment.

The best prices I have seen are from Wolverine.  They sell Armalite.  United sell the bushmasters but they charge like hell for them

Personally I am building my own M4 I am using a Eagle arms lower from Wolverine and buying the remainder of the parts in the USA.

If this is going to be your very first gun you might want to consider a 10/22 they are cheap and you can shoot all day for a few bucks.

Where in Canada are you located?  Email me if you need anyhelp

Regards

Stormbringer
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
1gun...he knew about FACs which are old lingo and most americans do not know about them

I do not smell any carrots.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Move to the United States of America. Good Luck, MIKE.
View Quote

Funny mike but here is the rub....

In the states you have assault bans as well.

A real M4 would cost a mint as it is preban.

Well here in Canada silly as our laws are they consider the M4 and AR series to be just like handguns..
Therefore if you can buy a handgun you can buy an AR.

Due to this you can also put any barrel on it you like...including 7.5 inchers etc...

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster has a M4 clone...non-collapsible stock.

If you want a "pre-ban" be ready to pay big dollars, here or in CAN.

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top