Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2002 6:10:57 AM EDT
Charles Gordon worked as a pizza cook almost every day of the week to help support his wife and seven children, sometimes walking the three miles from his home in Riverdale to a restaurant in Harvey.

On Saturday, even though his shift at Arnie's Pizza was over, he agreed to run a few deliveries for his boss. One of those deliveries, police said, was a setup--thieves beat him, rifled through his pockets and then shot him in the chest.

They got $10.

Gordon, 35, drove himself to a nearby restaurant where his wife was working and gave police a detailed description of his assailants before he was taken to the hospital. He died Sunday afternoon in St. James Hospital and Health Centers in Olympia Fields.

"He was a hardworking man, and he would want me to be strong," Gordon's wife, Roschelle, said Tuesday at their Riverdale home. "He would want me to care for the children because that's what our lives were all about."

Adam Titus, 17, of Markham, has been charged with first-degree murder and armed robbery in connection with Gordon's death, said Harvey Detective Billy Martin. Charges are pending against a second man, Martin said.

Martin said Titus gave a videotaped statement implicating himself in the shooting.

"I'm very angry. They didn't care who he was or who he left behind," Gordon's wife said. "I wish they could seek the death penalty because I want them to feel the pain that my family is going through."

Detective Sgt. Joe Thomas of the Harvey police said two men arranged for a pizza to be delivered to a vacant apartment building in the 100 block of West 154th Street at around 5 p.m. Saturday.

When Gordon arrived and realized the apartment was vacant he tried to flee, but the men already had emerged from their hiding places behind the building, Thomas said.

Two men punched Gordon and threw him to the ground. After robbing him, one of the men shot him once in the chest with .380 caliber handgun as he lay on the ground, Thomas said. The bullet traveled through Gordon's torso, causing massive internal damage.

[url]http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0201160311jan16.story?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed[/url]

[red]Edited only to make url work.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Scumbags. I hope they burn.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a suggestion for the punishment of the individuals involved and it doesn't involve their death (well, not their immeidate death).  Convict them and then place them in medium to high risk/low skill jobs (i.e - chemical tank cleaning, etc.), house them in the Co. jail or other Work Release site and give all the income those jobs generate to the victim's family, for the remainder of their (perps) sorry lives.  While it proably would not be a great deal of income, it would most likely benefit the family in some way.
If they won't / can't do the work, then how about a public execution?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
That makes me sick.

Can we please have a lottery for the public to be able to throw the switch on scumbags that do this kind of thing? My name would be in that hat. Unless of course the surviving family would like to, then I'd gladly step aside.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Who the fuck would deliver pizzas without some type of protection, even in Illinois?

When I made parts deliveries to GM and Ford back in the early '80s, the was a Colt Python under the seat, ready to go.  No way I'm gonna leave it up to the State to get my vengeance/justice, I'll do it myself.

Sadly to say, this guy is just another victim who's murder will go unrecognized and unavenged by the system.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]
These are common events in NYC. Several Chinese take-out delivery persons have been maimed or killed.

These are the lowest types of criminals. They deserve at least life behind bars. They destroyed a family.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#7]
This is a clear-cut case of the evil of infringing on a man's right to keep and BEAR arms.  This guy might still be alive if his God-given and Constitutional right to defend his life was respected as it should.  Now, his family has to suffer for the rest of their lives not only because of those POS murderers, but equally because of the left-wingers in the Illinois legislature and big shot LE politicians who predetermined his life had no value and refused him the right to effectively defend himself from mortal danger.

Bastards, every one of them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...then how about a public execution?
View Quote

i've long been a proponent of public executions.  hangin' would be a good one.  just think of all the revenue the state could bring in by charging admission.  and the carnies could have some extra income to satisfy the hunger and thirst of the crown while they waited for business.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

i've long been a proponent of public executions.  hangin' would be a good one.  just think of all the revenue the state could bring in by charging admission.  and the carnies could have some extra income to satisfy the hunger and thirst of the crown while they waited for business.
View Quote

I have three words:

[b]PAY-PER-VIEW[/b]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#10]
This is a terrible tragedy! I think that this just proves the case that criminals do not care about the law, and never will. Only law-abiding citizens follow the law and suffer under the law. Sorry, I know it is a little over-simplified, but I do not have the patients to write what I really feel when I hear something like this.

[b]Does anyone want to start a collection for Mr. Gordon's family? I would be willing to contribute $50. I know that in the grand scheme of things that this is not a lot of money, but every bit will help this family who is without their father and bread winner. Just a thought. What do you all think?[/b]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#11]
words cannot describe the rage that is boiling up inside of me at this point.

all who can be held responsable for this travesty should be hanged untill dead.. including the hundreds of "law makers" who have worked to make it impossable for this man and millions of others to legally defend himself.

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I worked pizza delivery for a few years.  You always run into some thing while working these type of places.  The owner owned a few stores and this happened at one I did not work at:

Two scumbags were hunting scumbag three who was in hiding.  One and two thought he was at home, but the wife wouldn't let anyone in and, after staking out the place for a few days, they didn't see scumbag three.

How did they finally verify?  Ordered a pizza fresh to the door.  When the wife opened the door to tell the driver that she didn't order a pizza, they jumped out of the bushes and pushed them both into the house.  

Both were held at gunpoint and the two scumbags left a few hours after realising that number three wasn't at home and hadn't been there in some time.

Fortunately, the driver was left alone, locked in one of the bedrooms.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

ARLady-
Sort of like the public hangings for those convicted of acts of piracy in the 1700's?  Sounds good to me, but I would add this.  Broadcast them from the 50 yard line during half-time on Superbowl Sunday.  I feel that capital punishment does deter crime and that the population should witness the end result of deliberate criminal acts.
[X]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#14]
The sad part is that these scumbags will be afforded the benefit of our liberal in-justice system.  If I were one of this man's kids, I'd hang a sign on the door - "GONE HUNTING".
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I agree 5 million percent...... String him up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I have posted this post on a other board I visit.
The Chicago Tribune Web board.
here is the link
Lots of flaming leftist on there. Some even believe .gov is the answer. Sometimes more fun there, than here.

c-rock

[url]http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ti-chicago&msg=682.1[/url]

c-rock:[red]When you copy the url you must add url at the beginning and /url at the end.Both times enclosed in [] for it to work(see Board code) Ed
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I have three words:

[b]PAY-PER-VIEW[/b]
View Quote

And to add to PPV... Public Auction to be part of the execution squad!!

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#18]
He was a hardworking man...unfortunately he blindly put his faith in a system that is corrupt and doesn't care whether he lives or dies.  A $100 pistol and $2 in ammunition might have saved his life.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would seem he had plenty of warning as the events were unfolding.  A whole lot of good it did to dial 911 instead of having a CCW here in the People's Paradise of Illinois.  Very sad.  Those who work so hard to maintain us as disarmed victims should die with these perps.  
View Quote

Even if Illinois had CCW I doubt this man could have aforded it with 7 children...I mean working a minimum wage job wont pay for a nice handgun and if he got a lorcin or something its doubtful he could afford the fees for CCW here in oklahoma the fees are about $235 for school,fingerprints and investigation fees.....A family of nine could probably find a lot beter use for the $235 dollars.....CCW should be free.......
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Throw the bastards to the sharks!!!!!!!!

[rail]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CCW should be free.......
View Quote

It is free!  Hasn't anybody read the 2nd Amendment?  

oh.

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I have several suggestions.

1.  Assign them to mine clearing duty.  Bosnia, Cyprus, Falkland Islands, Afganistan, Vietnam comes to mind.  Have one guy with a .300 win mag watching over 15 of those SOB.  That will take care of them.

2.  Good supply of bodies for medical experiments.

3.  Chemical tank cleaning in Pasadena, TX (we can never get enough of those people).
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have several suggestions.

2.  Good supply of bodies for medical experiments.
View Quote

Ballistics Testing [thinking]

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#25]
even better idea. Crucify them! you guys know what crucifixing (sp?) is don't you? thats where they nail a persons hands and feet to a cross with HUGE iron spikes. in fact lets make it even better and crucify them upside down.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Scumbags. I hope they burn.
View Quote

Not in the People's Republic of Illinois.  The governor halted executions because their error rate for sentencing innocent people to death row was too high, thanks largely to the corrupt Chicago cops who fuck up their investigations and then lie to cover themselves.

This is why I carried illegally while I was stuck in Illinois.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Which is why we need to carry. The liberals plea to non-violently comply with thugs is insanity in this day and age. They will kill you for no particular reason, on a whim, just for fun, after they've gotten what they want.

Remember that fast food place in NY where they murdered the staff execution-style AFTER taking the entire thousand bucks. If they weren't psychopathic and lazy the perps could've simply worked for A COUPLE DAYS to get the money. But NY has no death penalty, so back to jail they go, and the millions it will cost paid for by us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top