Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2002 6:29:15 PM EDT
I accuired the movie since the premier date for Finland is March 1, earliest.

While i was waiting for the movie to get to me..i took the time to read the book again.

I don´t know if it made the movie worse or not, but i had now the situations clearly in mind to spot where they differed in the movie.

I can understand why the former TFR vets have seen parts of the movie as doing unjustice for some men(ie. the Yurek, Twombly and Nelson parts).

But in general the movie showed a lot for even those who had not read the book, many things were explained(ie: The delay in radio traffic etc..) so the audience would understand better.

There were many errors which i spotted, but i didn´t let them bother me for long, the movie just rolled on.

Im not going to even start tell about what MSG Gordon and SFC Shughart did, there are no words in me to tell them correctly.

I think at some point  the two must have figured, that the land convoy isnt going to arrive...like they say when the going gets tough, the tough get going and that is just what they did.

Fighting till the last bullet for their friends in arms

The death of Smith was hard to watch, i can imagine what it will be for those who served with him or to his family.

I have never seen such a good display of military operation, tactics and bravery that is shown in this movie.

One thing i´d like to add, how are people complaining in the negative reviews they couldn´t tell the actors apart even with the name tags, i watched the movie with a bad resolution and even worse sound and i can still name every guy in the movie.

Hoo-ah

Rest In Peace:

CWO Cliff Wolcott
CWO Donovan Briley
Staff Sergeant Daniel Busch
Staff Sergeant William Cleveland
Staff Sergeant Thomas Field
CWO Raymond Frank
Sergeant Dominick Pilla
Private First Class James Martin
Corporal Jamie Smith
Sergeant First Class Earl Fillmore
Sergeant First Class Randy Shughart
Master Sergeant Gary Gordon
Sergeant Cornell Houston
Sergeant Casey Joyce
Spec. James Cavaco
Private First Class Richard Kowalewski
Sergeant Lorenzo Ruiz
Master Sergeant Tim Martin

..and killed sadly a few days after the battle, surviving the ordeal just to die in a mortar attack

Sergeant First Class Matt Rierson

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Violating copyright cheats the very people who made the movie available to you, Tuuka.  Send me one of your FA guns in compensation, and I'll think about forgiving you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, i could but the BATF guys might not like it [:)]

Honestly, if the premier date for us would have been closer, i would not have bothered. I will still end up watching in the theater, buying the DVD etc..
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably saw the same version you did Tuuka...  But I too am going to see it in the theater in the higher quality and will most likely buy it on DVD too.

I thought it was a very sweet movie.  Really goes a long way toward letting people see the absolute sh*tstorm our guys were caught in there...  Pretty badass movie.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:27:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to see Matt Rierson at IPSC matches in the Fayetteville NC area--his shooting a 1911 is the stuff legends are made of......no exageration whatsoever......Dick
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Just because the movie didn't match the book doesn't necessarily mean it's inaccurate.  Bowden's contacts were mainly the relatively junior Rangers and one disaffected Delta.  The movie folks had contacts in the community that Bowden never got close to.  Also consider that to duplicate the book would have required a movie about fifteen hours long.  That's a lot of popcorn.

Oh yes.  Some of the best warrior officers and non-commissioned officers you will find lead from the front just as LTC McKnight was portrayed by Tom Sizemore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top