Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2001 5:03:26 PM EDT
I posted this on Cleaning and maintenence, but got no answers all day, so I'm putting it up here.

I have one of those Romanian .22 training rifles. I want to take the action out of the stock, but the mag release catches on the trigger guard. You can't take the guard off, because it catches on the mag release, and it's inlaid into the stock so it can't be manuvered around the release. It's a catch 22 with the catch on my .22! :)

Anyone know the secret? I know it's probably the simplest thing in the world, but I just can't see how it's done.
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I know, You folks didn't want me to be embarassed at how easy it is to get these things apart, so you didn't respond, hoping I'd eventually figure it out, right?

Well I did, and it was simple. If anyone wants to know how to do it, send $10.00 and a stamped, self addressed envelope to....

[:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't get a manual with my Romanian either. Does anyone know a website where I can download a manual?
Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear you got the action out of the stock.  Now the big test will be in trying to dis-assemble the bolt.

I took mine apart and it was totally filled with crud.  I'll give you a hint, don't stand over the end of the bolt when removing the rear cap.  The spring will shoot out at you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#5]
It sure does look like fun to get that bolt apart. I'll take due notice of your advice. Thanks. :)

Jim
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Manuals are not available.  I searched the web and contacted the importer and they had no information.  The bolt is tricky and can be dangerous.  An extra set of hands comes in handy also.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#7]
What is your opinion on the rifle? My buddy has one but he won't talk about it. Now I know why since he was wearing a patch over his eye last time i talked to him!
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The rifle looks old and used, the action is rough, but mine is extreamly accurate.  For $39 it's well worth it.  Mine came with all matching serial numbers, I see now that places are commanding a premium, $79, for those.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a great rifle once you iron out the bugs.  I suggest not taking it apart, just douse it with Gun Scrubber and blow it out with compressed air.

Mine still "bleed" crud out of its workings, but it works.  And the price was right.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#10]
The Romanian Model 1969 is the rifle deal of the decade so far.

I recommend not trying to disassemble the bolt unless you have to.  Just blast it out with BreakFree or soak it in kerosene or whatever, CLP and pat dry and you're good to go.

The only changes I would make to mine would be to reduce length of the trigger pull, and take up the lateral slop of the trigger.  A set of nice aperture sights or a scope would be cool.

I took mine out a couple of weeks ago and was getting groups under 2" at 100 yards with the iron sights, cheap ammo, and my aging eyes.  It was hitting right at the point of aim using the 100 meter rear sight leaf.  It's a lot of rifle for what I paid for it - $59 plus $14 California DROS plus $10 for a stupid trigger lock plus another $13 for an extra magazine plus 8.25% sales tax on all that.

Hey, all that crap almost doubled the price!  But it's still well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top