Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
No, that IS a bannanna in my pocket!
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Illegaly carrying is stupid. If you do have to use your gun YOU are gonna be in more trouble then the SOB that tried to rob/attack you. It's gonna cost you at least 5K in lawyer fees not to mention possible jail time and a felony record. And all this to avoid what ? giving up your wallet ? Its not worth it.

I have a carry permit but most of the time I don't carry becuase I think even with a carry permit you'll be in a shit load of trouble if you do have to shoot someone. To me my carry permit is good for kicks becuases if I ever shoot someone in self-defense I'm assured to be charged with murder and be looking at 10k worth of lawyer fees to clear myself.
View Quote

Think about this: if you're in a situation that justifies using deadly force in self defense, it's because you're about to suffer death or grave bodily harm.  Hmmmm... $10,000 in legal fees or spending the last seven seconds of your life wishing you were armed?  Ten grand in legal fees or spending the rest of your life as a cripple?    

The idea that [b]if[/b] you just hand over your wallet [b]then[/b] the nice mugger won't hurt you sounds reasonable, but street criminals tend not to be reasonable people.    
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
In the County where I live, we can apply for a Concealed Weapons Permit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
"And they became a law unto themselves". Holy Words.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep.

I live in Arizona which many claim to be gun-friendly. It's an open carry state, and I have a CCW permit. That being said, I carry in off-limits places DAILY.

What will you folks do when these legislative efforts prohibit you living (which is what the real aim is anyway)? Will you comply then as well?

Pretty damn sad when grown adults don't understand that life means nothing at all without the means to protect it 24 hours a day regardless of the law.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, I never would have believed that so many whiny nancies were around here.

I carried illegally quite frequently when I lived in Chicago.  And every time I do a cross-country drive I carry illegally.  It saved my ass once.

But when I carry illegally, I BEHAVE LEGALLY.  I don't speed, I avoid trouble spots whenever possible, and I don't spit on the sidewalk.

To the original questioner, do whatever you want, just realize that you're putting yourself at risk.  Refuse searches if the cops pull you over and "ask" -- and don't get pulled over in the first place.  If you get caught, you'll have to pay the penalty yourself, so weigh your risks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think I'd answer this one, not on an admittedly monitored board.
View Quote

I didn't hear about this admitted thing...what's the scoop?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
On Sept.11th (the way the security checks used to be at airports) I sure wish a couple of Mr.John Q Public's had been carring illegally on those planes. Yes, some innocents might have been hurt or killed but look how many were killed anyway. Life would be the same as it has always been as opposed to........ I wonder what the anti's and courts would have done to the criminals who were carring that day.... makes me kinda sick to my stomach...
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I live in PA so I've had a carry permit for many years.
I also carry all the time.........when I drive out of state, I carry, regardless of the law........my life is worth more than political correctness........

They started this anti terrorist crap here in Pittsburgh.......no weapons at the stadiums.........hehe.......I walked thru the gate and they made me open my jacket so they could check my waist.....they should have checked under my left shoulder.......sigh.....security people.....I'll be my own security thank you.

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Man, I never would have believed that so many whiny nancies were around here. (snip)
To the original questioner, do whatever you want, just realize that you're putting yourself at risk.  Refuse searches if the cops pull you over and "ask" -- and don't get pulled over in the first place.  If you get caught, you'll have to pay the penalty yourself, so weigh your risks.
View Quote

Sounds good to me, Achmed-say, have you ever heard the lovely saying, "Put your money where your mouth is?" You are advocating we do something VERY illegal, but, as you are a conscientious individual (I guess), I'm certain you will help out a brother in need. So- shall I notify my attorney to send all legal bills of mine, should I get busted for the illegal carry you advocate, to you then? Thanks in advance![:D]  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Does it count a six barrelled GAU2 installed on the top of my car?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#13]
95th....what ya got against Achmed, ya anti-semitic?  The man says he carries, ya want to spit on him, go and do it in person. Otherwise ya just a chain-dog licking yo master's hand....(sarcasm alert, to follow the rules of the board and to insert humour, I am speaking in idiom and not insulting this person directly. I do not know him and would not use the words in a serious insulting manner)

And I am sure ya can talk back at me also but try to dodge this one----
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.-----Ben Franklin
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
But when I carry illegally, I BEHAVE LEGALLY.  I don't speed, I avoid trouble spots whenever possible, and I don't spit on the sidewalk.
View Quote

This is perhaps the most important point made here.  If you choose to illegally carry, make sure that your behavior is [b][u]squeaky clean[/u][/b].  Drive within the speed limit, don't get into arguments, don't jaywalk, don't drink alcohol at all, be aware of yourself and your surroundings, don't do anything (else) that is remotely illegal.  There are two reasons to behave this way:
1) Police will not have any reason to stop you, question you, or search you.  If they ever ask you for permission to search you, be sure to refuse.
2) If they do search you, there is a good chance that the search is illegal, and you can get the evidence suppressed, and thereby get the charges dismissed, and sometimes even get your gun back.

Regarding the moral aspect of carrying a gun, no honest man in the State of Maryland can obtain a permit to carry a gun for protection.  This is an immoral state of affairs, and you have no moral duty to obey this particular law.  However, you have to be prepared to face all the legal consequences ($$$, conviction history, loss of rights), and weigh them against the consequences of criminal attack (death, robbery, crippling injury, leaving loved ones behind).  Only you can make this decision.  Best of luck.  If I am on your jury, I will vote to acquit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
luckily I applied for my NY pistol license in a conservative county so I can carry legally
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
95th....what ya got against Achmed, ya anti-semitic?  The man says he carries, ya want to spit on him, go and do it in person. Otherwise ya just a chain-dog licking yo master's hand....(sarcasm alert, to follow the rules of the board and to insert humour, I am speaking in idiom and not insulting this person directly. I do not know him and would not use the words in a serious insulting manner)

And I am sure ya can talk back at me also but try to dodge this one----
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.-----Ben Franklin
View Quote

Talk is cheap.

Critics are like eunuchs in a harem: They know how it's done,
they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.
- --Brendan Behan
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, I never would have believed that so many whiny nancies were around here. (snip)
View Quote

Sounds good to me, Achmed-say, have you ever heard the lovely saying, "Put your money where your mouth is?" You are advocating we do something VERY illegal, but, as you are a conscientious individual (I guess), I'm certain you will help out a brother in need. So- shall I notify my attorney to send all legal bills of mine, should I get busted for the illegal carry you advocate, to you then? Thanks in advance![:D]  
View Quote

As I also wrote:  "If you get caught, you'll have to pay the penalty yourself, so weigh your risks."

(I notice that you conveniently "(snip)"ped that out of my post when you quoted it.)

I don't expect you to bail me out if *I* get caught carrying illegally.  And as I also wrote in that message, I carry illegally whenever I travel.  At Thanksgiving, I was hauling my Glock around in my pocket all over Tennessee;  at Christmas, I was wandering around Chicago with that same Glock in my pocket.  If I'd been caught, I would've been f*cked, so I was careful when driving and I avoided the worst parts of the area.  But if I'd had to drop into a 7-11 and some asshole held it up while I was there, I would have been in better shape than this pizza guy:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=86737[/url]

If I ever go back to the People's Republic of Massachusetts, we can go wandering around Boston with me carrying my Glock in my pocket.  You can even buy me a drink for doing it. [:D]  (Don't worry, though;  I won't set foot in PRMA unless I'm being dragged there in chains.)

BTW, I agree completely with the signature you posted later:
Critics are like eunuchs in a harem: They know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.
--Brendan Behan
View Quote

So does that mean you've voluntarily neutered yourself, or are you just a critic? [:p]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#18]
In the county where I live in Kalifornia. The ONLY way you can get a Carry Permit is if you are: (a.) a Cop, (b.) a retired Fed, (c.) a Judge or DA or a politician or (d.) a major campaign contributer (bribery works wonders!).

If you get caught carrying illegally in California it is considered to be a Felony unless: (a.) it was your first offense carrying illegally AND (b.) it was a gun that was bought and REGISTERED by you the original owner; in which case it becomes what is known as a "wobbler" which still means mandatory Jail time and a Large Fine. AND at anytime in the future the "wobbler" can be considered to be a Felony if you get arrested for something else.

Yah..Talk is Cheap. And in my state you definately have to weigh the consequences of all of your possible actions very carefully.

On the other hand..I have been on the wrong side of a gun. I once got robbed at gun point.
And the only reason why I think I am still alive is because the guy who was robbing me was very cool headed. Wasn't nervous or mad or anything. He was quite experienced. I was lucky. But if I ever see that SOB again...

Now...that is the choice I face when I have to go out somewhere at night. Possible Death and Robbery OR a "wobbler" conviction.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top