Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2002 7:44:23 PM EDT
Brother in Law passed away yesterday so I'm going down for a week or so to help her get things under control.

He had heart failure and was in the ICU for almost two weeks prior.

Please don't think I'm cold to him passing,
actually I was thinking that blasting a few things might help Sis get her mind off things.

OK, it's more for me.[}:(]

Del
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:40:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. There is a public outdoor range. Stricklin Range I think. It is in the Holly Hill/Ormond Beach area of Daytona. 50-100 yd rifle. and a bunch of pistol bays. $250 per day per person. Has a range officer to keep things safe. A nice place. Look them ou. I think it is on Clyde Morris Blvd. I've shot there many times & enjoyed myself. Also there is Hot Shots indoor range in Holly Hill on Nova Road at Flomich Ave. It is in the same bldg as EZ gun & pawn. Also real good folks. You can rent guns there. You must buy their ammo if you rent. Someone blew up a pistol with a double charged handload.
Scott
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes. There is a public outdoor range. Stricklin Range I think. It is in the Holly Hill/Ormond Beach area of Daytona. 50-100 yd rifle. and a bunch of pistol bays. $250 per day per person.
View Quote

$250/day?? OMG I hope you mean $25.0/day.

Thanks for the info

Del
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:21:29 AM EDT
[#4]
$2.50 per day. As in 2 dollars and fifty cents. Boy the omission of one decimal point can really muck up a post. The indoor range is probably $10.00 per hour. What part of Daytona is your Sister in?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Port Orange, just south of Clyde Morris Blvd.

Yeah, those decimals have a way of doing that.[:)]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Port Orange, just south of Clyde Morris Blvd.

Yeah, those decimals have a way of doing that.[:)]
View Quote

Just go north on Clyde Morris then. It's about 10 miles I guess. Just north of 11th st.(LPGA Blvd)If I recall correctly. It will be on your right. It is also a BMX track / park so look for the green sign. I hope all is well for your sister. Maybe we'll be in the area at the same time one day.
Scott
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#7]
If my sister and wife had their way we would move back down.
We are Fl. natives but have been in Delaware since '84 because of AF enlistment and just stayed here after I got out. Had a job waiting and low crime area.

Thanks again for the info.

Del
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#8]
You from Volusia county? I lived in Ormond for a few years. Mother & Brother / family still there. I moved for a decent wage. Still like it there & may go back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top