User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 4:37:01 PM EDT
Read it here
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/abc/20020114/ts/escape020114_1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Excuse me please...

Back when the threads about what date he would be dead were flying around, I said this time next year he would walking and talking.

Thus far I am well on the way to the prize.

Say, what is the prize?[IMG]http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I still think he escaped to Saudi Arabi by way of Pakistan. In fact, I said he had escaped weeks ago. What are my odds of getting a job in military intelligence?[:)]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What are my odds of getting a job in military intelligence?[:)]
View Quote

About as much as me actually getting a prize for being right(see above).

[IMG]http://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh, yeah, that was pretty much my own assessment and I don't have access to all the classified materials and field resources that they have.  Sounds like the CIA is having the same brain drain problem as the public schools.  Probably should throw more money at the problem...yeah, that'll work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Bin Laden escaped?  Well no shit, Sherlock!  I guess the spooks had Stephen Hawking bust out a slide rule to figure that out!

BTW, I'm not refering to Ponyboy or any other member as "Sherlock"!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Has it ocoured to anyone that if we knew he was dead it may not be realesed? Just a hunch but personaly I think that he is already dead and the powers that be decided it would be best not to let it go public, he would prolly cause even more harm as a martyr.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Has it ocoured to anyone that if we knew he was dead it may not be realesed? Just a hunch but personaly I think that he is already dead and the powers that be decided it would be best not to let it go public, he would prolly cause even more harm as a martyr.
View Quote

I don't believe that they think that way. It would be a huge popularity boost if those in charge could come on CNN in the morning holding Osama's head up by the hair. Along with popularity comes more power.

Maybe it would be better in the long run to hide his death, or maybe it would be better to show the world that if you f*ck with the US that this is what happens to you. It's kind of hard to tell. But I can pretty much guarantee you that if he was killed tomorrow morning the soap operas would break for a special news announcement.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#8]
A $25 Million reward is all that is needed to bring an appropriate end to this POS!

How long could you continue to shelter him in what must be pretty awful conditions and surroundings, without thinking...'to hell with Paradise, with $25 Million I could buy 70 virgins for the here and now!'?

Eric The(AndHe'sGottaBeThinkingTheSameThingAboutThoseAroundHim!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#9]
seems like this always happens when decisions on fighting wars moves from the Pentagon to the State Dept.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top