Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2002 12:56:01 PM EDT
[url]http://www.boston.com/dailynews/011/region/Easthampton_police_chief_facin:.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
But we all know those laws only apply to the "civilians".  Make the law respectable and the people will respect the law.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope they hang him!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]

I dont really see any humor in this.

And if anyone should be hung its the parents of the kids that were messing with his guns.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I dont really see any humor in this.

And if anyone should be hung its the parents of the kids that were messing with his guns.
View Quote

Yep. He is the parent of his daughter who was allowing the other kids to mess with his guns so hang the SOB.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Securing firearms is the responsibility of the Chief.  Period.  If they were stolen from a *drawer* and used to hurt somebody, the Chief should be held accountable.

Signed,

Agent 86
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
FIrst off, what kind of a father is it that would leave a 13 year old at home while he trotts off halfway around the world to Hawaii!??!?

I'm surprized that CPS didn't come down on his arse, as well.

I wonder how he feels having a 13 yo daughter that's inviting boys over while the house is empty.  Or didn't he leave her enough food money and she had to earn it some how?

Ah, well, it just proves the Peter Priciple again...
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep. He is the parent of his daughter who was allowing the other kids to mess with his guns so hang the SOB.
View Quote

It only says she let them in the house. Nothing about letting them mess with guns. As far as we know she might of been the one that turned them in.

I think the trigger lock law is bs. We dont have it here.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FIrst off, what kind of a father is it that would leave a 13 year old at home while he trotts off halfway around the world to Hawaii!??!?
View Quote

Yeah I guess you have a point there. Hell with it. Hang em all
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

It only says she let them in the house. Nothing about letting them mess with guns. As far as we know she might of been the one that turned them in.

I think the trigger lock law is bs. We dont have it here.
View Quote

So she let them in the house but didn't let them mess with the guns? She must have told them to quit, but they overpowered her and got to the guns anyway. Maybe she was bound and gagged while the boys molested the Chief's guns.

Obviously the Chief and his daughter are the victim of this whole mess.

Now, off with his head![}:D]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Most states safe storage laws are more reasonable than this. The guns were in his home, which he presumably keeps locked, and they were not in plain sight. That meets the safe storage requirements of most states.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top