Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2002 12:40:19 PM EDT
He has the worst luck with mechanical stukk.Anyone heard from him since he changed the light bulb?

Any way I finnaly get my computer set up the way I wanted[networked,98,linux]Now the the mouse port craps out.I had problems with the mouse freezing up so I repartitoined,formatted and reloaded 98.I've tried more than one mouse.It will move a few inches and then get all jerky,open up icons its not near  or dissapear to the side and not come back.What do you think it sis?MB problems?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a USB mouse and forget about it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Had an ABIT BH-6 that was behaving similarly.

In my case, it was an MB problem (bad soldering on the kb/mouse ports) and I was rather unwilling to rip it down to the level required to fix it.  I got a USB mouse and stopped worrying about it.

Before you spend the cash to do so, however, may I suggest you verify that the network card you installed (or any other device) is not trying to use IRQ12 (PS/2 mouse interrupt.)

If it's not an interrupt conflict, go USB. It's not worth your time and effort to track the problem down if it isn't simple.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
could be an interupt conflict.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
First thing I looked at was the IRQ.[05]I thought it was the MB.The kids used this to play games.I think pulling on the mouse probally did it.Its working now if you hold your mouth just right,and don't breath while touching it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top