Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I only buy from Dong's when it's new on the shelf and I cannot find anywhere else.
They have started raising prices above list and taking advantage of the Socioeconomic climate which pisses me off.

If I can purchase it from them I go to Medlocks in Owasso, OK. Just good folks that don't act like they know
everything, at least that has been my experience.

I order reloading supplies from different places on the internet.

I like H&H also, outside of that walking into a gun store is getting to be like walking into Zombie land and all the
Zombies were Goober in the prior life.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Dong, where is my automobile?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I just expect to be treated like crap when I go in a gun store around here.  That way every now and then I'm pleasantly surprised when I'm treated decently.

ETA- I've only been in Dong's twice and was basically ignored.  Which is actually better treatment than usual around here.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I only buy from Dong's when it's new on the shelf and I cannot find anywhere else.
They have started raising prices above list and taking advantage of the Socioeconomic climate which pisses me off.

If I can purchase it from them I go to Medlocks in Owasso, OK. Just good folks that don't act like they know

I like H&H also, outside of that walking into a gun store is getting to be like walking into Zombie land and all the

I'll try to check them out the next time I'm near Owasso side of town, that's not too far from here.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
So you got long donged.
H&H in OKC is not any better. Maybe even worse.
Buy your reloading gear in bulk off the internet. It's the only way you'll come out OK anymore.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
heh dong

Yeah, I pretty much clicked here to lol at the name.

rofl
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dong, where is my automobile?

AUTO MOOOEEEBEEEL!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try to check them out the next time I'm near Owasso side of town, that's not too far from here.

Thanks!

Its Medlock firearms and they are located in Collinsville not Owasso.  Downtown Collinsville in fact.  Just head north on 169 to the collinsville exit(i think its around 140th st or so), take a left and stay on the road as it leads right past the store.  They are on the main street in the old downtown area on the south side.  I've found them to be knowledgeable and helpful without stuffing gunstore bs down your throat.  They also have decent prices that seem to be the best in town usually.  TK supply in downtown tulsa might have better prices but they're not really a storefront operation.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The amount of maturity shown in this thread is lacking.

Absolutely disgusting, you bunch of fucking bigots. Making fun of a Asian immigrant's name like is repulsive.

But funny as all hell.

So the fact that the store is next to "Hung To Lo" cafe wouldn't be appropriate?

Lighten up Nancy, I have WASP friends who get the ribbing if their names are a bit funny. "Richard (Dick) Peters" hmmmmm?

Edit to place in correct place lol.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
And I totally agree with what everyone says about dongs.  Their prices are high, although they seem to have come down a little bit recently after they really jacked them up after the election but that could just be me.  I think I saw a somewhat basic stag ar15 or something there in december that they were asking around 1500 for.  I have also noticed that some of the newer guys are decently helpful and service has gotten a little bit better.  Still not up to par but I guess it went from horrible to almost decent as far as gun stores go.  The "expert" on the assult weapons there doesn't really know much but he thinks he does.  Prices on ammo are out of control even compared to the current prices everywhere else.  A year ago they were asking $7 or $8 bucks for wolf .223, something like $13 for 10 rounds of 7.5 swiss GP11, and nearly $30 for 100 rounds of WWB 9mm.  I'm not even sure what it is now.  Ammo selection is good though so if you don't mind paying through the nose, they probably have just about any caliber you could want/need and also carry tons of brands/types.  Even really crazy/rare stuff.  They really upgraded their ammo selection about 2 years ago.  I have gotten a steal before, like last year when I found some SA 5.56 30rd boxes tucked away in the surplus ammo section that were still marked at $5.99 from years back.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
heh dong

rip dong
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And I totally agree with what everyone says about dongs.  Their prices are high, although they seem to have come down a little bit recently after they really jacked them up after the election but that could just be me.  I think I saw a somewhat basic stag ar15 or something there in december that they were asking around 1500 for.  I have also noticed that some of the newer guys are decently helpful and service has gotten a little bit better.  Still not up to par but I guess it went from horrible to almost decent as far as gun stores go.  The "expert" on the assult weapons there doesn't really know much but he thinks he does.

If I were in a gun store and someone claimed he was an expert on assault weapons before I walked out I'd ask for his definition of an assault weapon. Maybe it's just me but someone using a lib anti-gun term wouldn't ever get my business.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely disgusting, you bunch of fucking bigots. Making fun of a Asian immigrant's name like is repulsive.

But funny as all hell.

So the fact that the store is next to "Hung To Lo" cafe wouldn't be appropriate?

Lighten up Nancy, I have WASP friends who get the ribbing if their names are a bit funny. "Richard (Dick) Peters" hmmmmm?

If sarcasm was a Boomslang, you my friend would be dead.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Dong and Son = Double Dong?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But funny as all hell.

If sarcasm was a Boomslang, you my friend would be dead.

My bad, the big space led me to believe that there were two posts in there. I see I was wrong, again, my bad
(btw, new word for me today, thanks ) - boomslang

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I would be hesitent to buy anything from an establishment named Penis, Dick, or Dong.  Especially ammunition.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I totally agree with what everyone says about dongs.  Their prices are high, although they seem to have come down a little bit recently after they really jacked them up after the election but that could just be me.  I think I saw a somewhat basic stag ar15 or something there in december that they were asking around 1500 for.  I have also noticed that some of the newer guys are decently helpful and service has gotten a little bit better.  Still not up to par but I guess it went from horrible to almost decent as far as gun stores go.  The "expert" on the assult weapons there doesn't really know much but he thinks he does.

If I were in a gun store and someone claimed he was an expert on assault weapons before I walked out I'd ask for his definition of an assault weapon. Maybe it's just me but someone using a lib anti-gun term wouldn't ever get my business.

I'm not sure if they call them assult weapons but whenever anyone asks about an AK, AR, or anything like that, they usually refer them to this one guy and say he's the expert on those kind of guns.  I just called him the "assult weapon" expert for clarity sake.  However, two years ago or so someone came in asking about gas piston uppers for ar15's and he didn't know what they were talking about so i'd say his "expertness" is not too good.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Heh heh..Dong!I am at work in my gun store right now,and my co worker,whose name just happens to be,you guessed it ,DONG!is packing up a bunch of rifles for shipping right across from me!I thought he was the only gun shop guy named Dong in the whole world!
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So you're saying Dong was a dick.

damn that was funny!
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Dong's is sort of an ICON. back in the day the street it was on was the hustlin street in T Town. right off RT66. Pale Pony is correct in his assessent of the staff. i do buy ammo in there. but that is all.

Pale- shoot me an IM and lets have lunch sometime.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes...really.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#22]
The wife stopped by there a couple years ago to pick up a set of Lee .44 magnum dies for me.  She told the guy there she needed the deluxe 4 die set.  He didn't know what she was talking about.  She was with me a few days later when I went in to get them and as we were checking out she told him he was a dumb fucker and shouldn't be working in a gun shop.

She also goes to gun shows with me and asks all the people selling beef jerky and beenie babies wtf they're doing there.  Gotta love her.

Dong's was a fascinating place to browse when Mr. Dong had it.  Unfortunately Dong's has gone from being the name of the owner to a description of the owner.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Well if you don't like Dongs maybe you'd like Dicks.

Tell me something. Do you like to put fishsticks in your mouth?

Are you a gay fish?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Bumped for the evening shift, because there are so many Okie ARFCOM members and because I checked and I'm still pissed-off at those dick-heads at Dong's
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I would never buy at a place named "Dong's sporting goods" anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Dongs?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#27]
That sucks!  I just heard last week that Dongs was a good place to buy reloading supplies.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Dongs, Dick's..........

WTF
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Remember Wang computers?  Same thing happened there.

Yeah man, I guess the same shit happens everywhere, because Penis Lawn Care has just gone to hell in the last few months..
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I saw this thread several times today and never clicked on it because I thought it was just another thread complaining about Dick's, just using another slang.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Admit it, ya just can't stomache the Dong..... yeah, my wife is like that too...
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
good things about Medlocks from what i hear.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#33]

DONG's Guns
4144 E. Admiral Place
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115
USA

Tel: (918) 834-7989

DONG'S Guns, Archery and Reloading was started in 1946 by Mable and Fong Dong and is currently owned and operated by their daughter and her husband. We are a retail hunting and shooting store that specializes in the hard to find items, and we pride ourselves in having the largest selection of any store in Oklahoma. We have over 10,000 unique items to choose from, and our store is open 7 days a week. ( www.dongsguns.com )

http://www.dongsguns.com/
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Ill make sure not to stop there and look around while in there for the Pro Am.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I worked with a woman in California her name was Blossom Dung, I nicknamed her Mushroom.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#36]
So, I guess the upshot of all this is that The OP's dealings with Dong's have left a bad taste in his mouth?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Fong Dong phooey!
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Sweet. You want a cookie?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long story short, Dong's Sporting Goods is the oldest gun shop and reloading store in Tulsa. It was a great place when the original owner Fong Dong had the place, but he died a few years ago (old age - the store was open since the 1940's) and his assclown son-in-law took over the place.

Since then, it has become the textbook example for every gun-shop Elmer Fudd joke that there is in the book, so I won't go into detail by trying to elaborate on the issue. The counter help are all typical gun-show, jerky-chewing, beanie baby salesmen who all used to be SEAL Team door gunners on the space shuttle.

I swore that the last straw was when the sold me a pistol and offered to throw in a pair of night-sights to secure the deal, and then I found out that they put the wrong size sights on the pistol (it printed 18" low at 15 feet) and later found that the sights were burned-out and looked to have been taken off of a USED gun and then incorrectly installed on my brand-new weapon.

Today I went into the store and the charade started all over. "Me big gun-store clerk, you stupid customer..." bullshi'ite.

Well, my money walked out of there too, and it will NEVER be back. Most ARF.COM members from Tulsa would probably ask me why I even went in there in the first place. Now, I seem to have forgotten why I went too.

I guess that I'll have to go to H&H Guns when I'm in OKC, apparently there aren't any reloading stores left in Tulsa.

rant-off
I wouldn't put much faith in H&H, the gun selection is great, but the counter know it alls are asshats

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! I was going to post the same thing but I thought I better read a few replies first. You know, I bought a couple R-15's in there from a guy, well honestly I forget his name, but that guy was really freaking cooll.. Now the guys behind the Gun Range counter that always check you, those guys can suck my dong! I asked to borrow an ink pen to mark on my target, he told me no! I said you dont have one marking device back there for me to borrow? I'm not going to steal it. he said no. I started laughing and said, so Last weeek when I came in and that guy right over there opened up that cabinet right there and gave me a pen from that Jar in the cabinent full of pens, you got rid of that jar in a week? he said ya i guess. Real short in his answers. So i told him to get fucked and i didn't want to shoot here anymore give me my license back. He seemed surprised but he did. Sure maybe I shouldn't have expected to borrow something and i should have came prepared but come on you fucking tool. I really enjoy that place except for the guys with pistols strapped to thier hip pretending to be Barney Five on a power trip and dildo up his ass. I go in there with no intention of buying anything except from the one guy i've already bought from.

rant-off
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Do the "big gun-store clerks"  have crew cuts or shaved heads  and wear black t shirts?

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#41]
pretty much
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#42]

I live near tulsa and have never been to dongs. I hear their stupid radio commericals about how I should "get my assault rifles now before they are banned". I fuckin hate most gun shops. Over priced mother fuckers. fuck that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh Dong, where is thy thing?

Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Alright, I'll admit.....I'm here to laugh at the name too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 2:35:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fong Dong phooey!

Number one super-guy!
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 2:47:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I tried to stay out of Dong's when I lived down there. The prices werent too bad at the time, but I just never felt welcome there. Lash's over on Mingo was even worse.

I enjoyed dealing with TK Supply over in Kenosha for used guns . I bought my USP from them,and a couple of Glocks. OK Police Supply was pretty good too.

Beals , around the corner from where I lived in Coweta was one of the friendliest I'd ever visited........then the owner passed away
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 2:53:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long story short, Dong's Sporting Goods is the oldest gun shop and reloading store in Tulsa. It was a great place when the original owner Fong Dong had the place, but he died a few years ago (old age - the store was open since the 1940's) and his assclown son-in-law took over the place.

Since then, it has become the textbook example for every gun-shop Elmer Fudd joke that there is in the book, so I won't go into detail by trying to elaborate on the issue. The counter help are all typical gun-show, jerky-chewing, beanie baby salesmen who all used to be SEAL Team door gunners on the space shuttle.

I swore that the last straw was when the sold me a pistol and offered to throw in a pair of night-sights to secure the deal, and then I found out that they put the wrong size sights on the pistol (it printed 18" low at 15 feet) and later found that the sights were burned-out and looked to have been taken off of a USED gun and then incorrectly installed on my brand-new weapon.

Today I went into the store and the charade started all over. "Me big gun-store clerk, you stupid customer..." bullshi'ite.

Well, my money walked out of there too, and it will NEVER be back. Most ARF.COM members from Tulsa would probably ask me why I even went in there in the first place. Now, I seem to have forgotten why I went too.

I guess that I'll have to go to H&H Guns when I'm in OKC, apparently there aren't any reloading stores left in Tulsa.

rant-off
I wouldn't put much faith in H&H, the gun selection is great, but the counter know it alls are asshats

Plus they are about 20-40% to higher than you can get it elsewhere.

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 2:56:19 AM EDT
[#48]
The BEST place for reloaders was Southwest Shooter.  Unfortunately they closed about 3 or 4 years ago.

I miss that place.  I bought my first AR from them on Nov 4th, 1992.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 3:01:27 AM EDT
[#49]
I tried calling the number above, but I must have wang the wong number.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 3:12:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fong Dong phooey!

Number one super-guy!

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top