Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/12/2002 5:22:52 PM EDT
Our "friend" John Walsh just said that the AR-7 was a high powered weapon in the hands of a gunman....

since when is a 22LR a "high powered" weapon
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Since all the anti-gun nuts deemed them as such.  What a bunch of idiots.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Our "friend" John Walsh just said that the AR-7 was a high powered weapon in the hands of a gunman....

since when is a 22LR a "high powered" weapon
View Quote

I guess since John Walsh became antigun.
Walsh probably believes the "AR" stands for automatic rifle or assault rifle instead of simply for the maker - ArmaLite.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I just saw that too  LMFAO, he was holding one too.  It was scarry.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I just saw that..John Walsh is such a Dickhead
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Of course it's a highpowered rifle.  

I saw James Bond blow up a helicopter, with one shot from an AR-7.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw that to --per haps I can use my AR7 for High Power competition this year --maybe a 25 yard event ???

"a police videotape dramaticly demonstrated this awesome weapons power in court for the jury" (video shows LEO firing tec-9 as fast as physically possible) ----wow A 30-06 ought to stop a tank.
I Have or had a lot of respect for John Walsh for all of the really bad  guys his show has helped get off the streets over the years. But distortions and dramitizations,even if they are accidental or due to lack of knowledge, like this dont do any justice to JW or his audience.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Ooops, so that's it.

I guess my memory isn't "deadly accurate."
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw that and was swearing at him from my chair.

Then the footage of a Tec-9 instead of the AR-7, that was just plain confusing.

Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"a police videotape dramaticly demonstrated this awesome weapons power in court for the jury" (video shows LEO firing tec-9 as fast as physically possible)
View Quote

Good, someone else saw that.  I thought I had missed a change of subject between showing the AR-7 and the Tec-9.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know--My wife just added that to the list of shows I am not allowed to watch like, the news
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And yes, John Walsh is becoming a dickhead.  Maybe he's been reading his own press releases and believes them.
View Quote

"is becoming"??

Try "has been", for years. . . .
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I know--My wife just added that to the list of shows I am not allowed to watch like, the news
View Quote

LOL!  Yours does that too?  That happens to me after I launch into a 20 minute tirade on media bias (Like ER for instance) on guns!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
YEP! ER -West wing - the news- Not allowed near the TV anymore when "her" shows are on.
But she does watch American Shooter with me so Shes not all bad.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Why would he spew such nonsense?
I like what his show started out as.  But now I think that he's caught up in the typical hollywood celebrity crap. Not that the vermon that he is asking the public need their crimes sensationalized.

(NOT GONNA RANT).[puke]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#18]

John Walsh..   Just goes to show,you cant fix stupid.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#19]
A .22 is a "high powered weapon?"-maybe if we were fending off hordes of woodchucks and squirrels.

Wasn't Walsh talking about gun control and "right wing gun nuts" late last Augest when the ATF burned down that guys house?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#20]
John Walsh is a giant shithead.  But the guy who narrates the "wild police chase" videos, I think his name is "Bunnell" or something like it.  That guy is even worse.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw it too.  Makes me sick.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
John Walsh is a giant shithead.  But the guy who narrates the "wild police chase" videos, I think his name is "Bunnell" or something like it.  That guy is even worse.
View Quote

That's Sheriff Brunell from Dade county (I think).  He is just ridiculous when he comments on his shows...He should be jailed on grounds of overacting alone!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I feel bad for John Walsh and for how he got to be on America's Most Wanted.
That dosen't excuse the distortions and Hollywoodization of the cases he presents.
We need to keep the pressure on AMW and FOX along with the sponsers of the show.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Sure, the AR7 is a high-powered weapon.  Don't you guys remember that hitman wannabe who read how to "off" someone in that Palladin Press book?  The BOOK TOLD him to use the AR7 rifle to make the hit.

In the minds of the anti's, anything that shoots a projectile is considered high-powered these days.  Bullet, nail, bb's or pellets.

Oh ya, that guy from real police chases does act like a stupid jerk.

Edited to add that I don't think he's putting on an act!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's Sheriff Brunell from Dade county (I think).  He is just ridiculous when he comments on his shows...He should be jailed on grounds of overacting alone!
View Quote
I love it when he always exagerrates the power of the car being chased.  He referred to a first generation RX7 (1979-1985 non-injected) as a 250 HP sports car when those early models usually only made 110 to 130 HP stock.  I choked on my drink when he said that.  I love watching the show, but his commentaries are absurd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
I love it when he always exagerrates the power of the car being chased.  He referred to a first generation RX7 (1979-1985 non-injected) as a 250 HP sports car when those early models usually only made 110 to 130 HP stock.  I choked on my drink when he said that.  I love watching the show, but his commentaries are absurd.
View Quote

yeah, and he usually adds that it is a "deadly weapon in the hands of a madman with no reguard to public safety".  I also love it when the cops catch up to the guy they've been chasing all over hell and back and commence to kicking the living snot out of him and the good Sheriff says something like "and the officers take the suspect into custody as he resists arrest".  He's just too funny!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]
The added in near constant tire squealing is hillarious too -- they had that guy on COP's back in the late 80's and he was a ham then too -- perfect for TV .

Its kinda like Jimbo and Ned "thin out their numbers" or "they are commin right at us" --If you yell "stop resisting sir" its okay to dogpile an 105 pound suspect and cuff him while kneeling on his head. --hey if he resists go to town but some of these guys are on their knees or face when they get body slammed and kneed in the head purely for the cameras.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The added in near constant tire squealing is hillarious too -- they had that guy on COP's back in the late 80's and he was a ham then too -- perfect for TV .

Its kinda like Jimbo and Ned "thin out their numbers" or "they are commin right at us" --If you yell "stop resisting sir" its okay to dogpile an 105 pound suspect and cuff him while kneeling on his head. --hey if he resists go to town but some of these guys are on their knees or face when they get body slammed and kneed in the head purely for the cameras.  
View Quote
I was thinking about the added tire squealing the other day, it is hilarious.

As for beating the crap out of these guys, I really don't have a problem with that.  By their actions, these idiots that run from the cops are already saying they don't give a damn about anyone, apparently including themselves.  They jeapordize anyone on the road in the area and are scum.  I may get flamed for that, but being nice to criminals is one reason we have so much crap in our society.  Don't misunderstand, I think the "war on drugs" is a joke and a lot of these guys get busted and run for that reason, but when they run, they then include a lot of other people in their problem.  I also understand about peoples rights, but these assholes who run just piss me off.  I know, not logical, but that's the way I feel about these idiots, pretty much the same way as I feel about these moronic school shooters.

On another note, has anyone noticed that while the cops are chasing the bad guys on an expressway that all these left lane slowpokes don't even get out the way even then.  With all the lights going, they still don't look in their mirrors, or if they do, are too stupid to get out of the way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:50:52 AM EDT
[#31]
The last time I watched wildest police videos, Bunnell made the most common Anti-Comment in existence.

He was showing the video of the North Hollywood Shootout. He commented at the end that this will only continue to happen as these weapons are SO EASY to get.

HELLO, they have been banned since 1934. They were using ILLEGALY modified AK-47s firing Full-Auto. There were NFA issues there alone.Not to mention wearing Body Armor during the commission of a Felony is also a Felony in many states. Oh, and lest we forget they robbed a bank. Also, a felony. Not to mention attempted murder of dozens of Cops. Also, felonies.

Get a clue, If AR-15s had been banned back then in Kali., the LAPD would still be pinned against the wall and those injured cops would be dead. Civilian Gun Ownership saved those cops lives.

His comments about the AR were also misleading. Such as saying it was a Civilian Version of the M16. In fact, the M16 is a Military Version of the AR-15. Also, the way he overemphasized how easily a 5.56 NATO would rip through anything. Really, what about IIIA Body Armor.

He also seems to get a hard-on when talking about Russian Cops. About how free they are to arrest criminals and how they don't need PC and how guns are 100% illegal in Russia.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:02:06 AM EDT
[#32]
John is part of the stupid@ss media.. always over sensationalizing everything.. just watch the show for 5 min and you can see all the BS.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:07:42 AM EDT
[#33]
And this is why I've stopped watching everything on TV, save sports and The History Channel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And this is why I've stopped watching everything on TV, save sports and The History Channel.
View Quote

Amen!!! But you have to pay attention to the history channel. I really liked one on the history of the gun when they called the tommy gun " The weapon of choice for criminals". The real weapon of choice for the crooks is the handgun and more often than not it is a .38 revolver.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Between the[puke] Sheriff and[puke] Walsh,
I'm  al  most  ready  for  T J  Hooker  to  return.
Beam me up Scotty the TV here really sucks.
This is not to say I don't feel for
[puke]Walsh's loss, but he has made a career out of the tradgic loss of his Son.

[:)>]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#36]
I've always found "America's Most Wanted", "Unsolved Mysteries" ans similar shows just a little troubling, as they seemed to be designed to be the first step towards convincing the American public than anonymous squealing on your neighbors is a virtue.
I don't know about you all, but when I was growing up, getting a reputation as a "squealer "or a "Tattle-tale" was a bad thing.  Now, I don't want criminals on the street.  I know them first hand for the low-life they are.  I am also well aware that most crime is solved by somebody ratting out the perpetrator (usually to save his own a$$ from some trouble the informant himself is in).  None the less, these shows trouble me.
Walsh and Bunnel, btw, are two of the biggest horse's a$$es on TV.  What happened to Walsh's son was nothing short of an atrocity; but being the victim of an atrocity does not immunize one from creeping horse's a$$ism.  Bunnel, for his part, hasn't any excuse.  He used to get a lot of screentime on COPS because of his looks and the way he would play to the camera.  Since then, he appears to have attended the Bill Shatner School of Acting (tm) and made it a point to learn all the most sensationalistic descriptive words commonly used in tabloid journalism.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#37]
[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0JwAAANcMlu2IFTFzKDUQ8hzLoFFnPPY4D6aTiFGDoVY5erM4VjArTfQwKa0Yo286/AR-7.jpg[/img]

Heres my assualt weapon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#38]
John Walsh lost his damn mind several years ago. His ego kicked in and all was lost.

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Armalite-fan: what kind of stock/pistol grip assembly is that & where can I get one?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Walsh is just a self-serving Dickhead who has parlayed his son's tragic death into a star vehicle for himself. He makes me want to fvcking vomit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Armalite-fan: what kind of stock/pistol grip assembly is that & where can I get one?
View Quote

(Obviously I'm not "ArmaLite-Fan" but I'll give my answer and then he can give you the correct answer.)
First, that version of the ArmaLite AR-7 was made for the Israeli Air Force pretty much as you see pictured.

The barrel is probably ported but doesn't have to be.
Some versions have a flash-suppressor.
The pistol-grip is "FN" and may/may not contain a cleaning kit.
The telescoping stock was made specifically for the Israeli version of the AR-7.
(Guess the Israeli's figured the original AR-7 with all components fitting into the floatable, polymer stock wasn't much use in the desert.)

The primary benefit of the pictured AR-7 is rapid deployment.

I don't know how many rifles the Israelis purchased originally but I believe something less than 300 hundred are around today.

The primary negative (?) is not as compact and does not float.

The original ArmaLite AR-7 design is now over 40 years old.
Jim Sullivan designed this rifle in 1960.

As always when going this far back into ArmaLite history I qualify... "To the best of my knowledge and belief."
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Walsh is just a self-serving Dickhead who has parlayed his son's tragic death into a star vehicle for himself. He makes me want to fvcking vomit.
View Quote

nuff said.......[pissed]
now I am going to get me one of those high powered assualt guns only 130.00 at the local wal-mart.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen!!! But you have to pay attention to the history channel. I really liked one on the history of the gun when they called the tommy gun " The weapon of choice for criminals". The real weapon of choice for the crooks is the handgun and more often than not it is a .38 revolver.
View Quote
Back in the '20s, the Thompson was the choice of many criminals, as was the BAR.  This is what led to the NFA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Not to pick nits but the choice of the very, very few professional criminals operating today is the .22 pistol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#46]
I dunno some how I doubt crimnals sit around at armed robbery and mugging technique "workshops" and discuss weapons choice. They use whatever they can get thier hands on. The cheapest nastiest rustiest POS they can find. Id be surprised if they know the diffrence between a "9" and a .45. The whole "weapon of chioce " misnomer was invented in CA to constitutional revisionist's ban SKS's when of course the 'Gang banger' or drive by 'weapon of choice' was the SKS and the AK47 and the tec 9 and the mini14 and the 10-22 and the mac-10 and and and depending on what day it was. Now it will be the AR7's compactness (concealabilty) construction (mostly x-ray avoiding plastics) and longer barrel (extreme accuracy even in untrained hands) as well as its high cap 5 round clip and sheer knockdown power that will make it the terrorists "weapon of choice" how do these people manage to procreate without help ?? I ve seen these guys in prison most times they are busy trying to be the first to rat someone else out they dont sit there and discuss what they did wrong and what they'll do better next time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Why would the Israelis put that abortion on board as a pilot survival arm?  Seems to me that there is damned little need for a rabbit gun if you are downed Israeli pilot.  An Arab gun is what you'd need. I'd rather have a good 9mm handgun or some type of CAR-15 any day.  One of those little .22s would be hoot to have at the range though.  Wonder how hard it would be to make a clone from a new AR-7...
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I am glad I am not the only one that saw that!
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Antonio Banderas in 'Assasins', tricked out AR7. I hads one like it back in the day (puke stock AR7). I have one of the new ones now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

HELLO, they have been banned since 1934. They were using ILLEGALY modified AK-47s firing Full-Auto. There were NFA issues there alone.Not to mention wearing Body Armor during the commission of a Felony is also a Felony in many states. Oh, and lest we forget they robbed a bank. Also, a felony. Not to mention attempted murder of dozens of Cops. Also, felonies.
View Quote

Not to mention that the guns had been siezed as evidence from those subjects but the DA declined to prosecute them for felons in possesion of firearms, and had the weapons retruned to them. The body armor was possibly assembled using body armor discarded by police officers.

Get a clue, If AR-15s had been banned back then in Kali., the LAPD would still be pinned against the wall and those injured cops would be dead. Civilian Gun Ownership saved those cops lives.
View Quote

??????????? What do you mean?

Suspect #1 shot himself after his long gun was disabled by a bullet hitting it, he was also shot in the head as he committed suicide.

Supect #2 was trying to "car-jack" a vehicle when LAPD SWAT, wearin a black vest and khaki shorts, rolled almost onto him, literally, and shot him with what appeared to be FA MP-5's.

If you are talking about the AR's they "borrowed", they were not fired during the incident.

His comments about the AR were also misleading. Such as saying it was a Civilian Version of the M16. In fact, the M16 is a Military Version of the AR-15. Also, the way he overemphasized how easily a 5.56 NATO would rip through anything. Really, what about IIIA Body Armor.
View Quote

Soft body armor is designed to stop handgun rounds. IIIA will stop 9mm 124 grn rounds at 1400 fps or 240 grn .44 magnum rounds at 1400 fps. Those are the only 2 rounds IIIA armor is tested against.

A .223 round will punch right on through, not only because of the much higher velocity, but because of the extremely small frontal area of the bullet.

Armor designed to stop rifle rounds requires hard plates and weighs many times more than soft armor, it is not concealable and not worn excect when expressly needed due to it's bulk.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top