Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2002 7:03:51 AM EDT
I was in the Navy from 92 to 96 and went to Singapore twice.  I was just watching the cable news and they showed a picture of a bus/train station that the terrorists were targeting.  In Afganistan they found a video tape of Al Queda surveying this station to attack Navy personel.  I was at that station many times!!!  When our ship would pull into the pier a bus would drive us to the bus/train station so we could go into town.  
Any Navy guys check out CNN today and see if you were at the same place.

Link Posted: 1/12/2002 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Darn!

I visited Singapore on an army R&R in the 60’s.  Fairly clean, pleasant, natives spoke English, old-world colonial atmosphere.  (I even have a vague recollection that they drove on the right side of the road, though I must surely be wrong about that.)

I swore at the time that before I died I’d revisit the place.

I’ve been thinking recently that if I’m ever going to return, I need to do it now.

Oh well, maybe I’ll just go to Disney World instead.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
199,  I was there in '67 on R&R also.  They drove on the left side of the street.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
199,  I was there in '67 on R&R also.  They drove on the left side of the street.
View Quote

Darn again!

Well I guess I was right about being wrong.  I hate being on the left side of the road, I feel like I’m in some “Twilight Zone” episode dealing with mirror worlds.

Maybe I was thinking about Thailand – or maybe that brain neuron has just died!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top