Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/12/2002 7:03:51 AM EDT
I was in the Navy from 92 to 96 and went to Singapore twice. I was just watching the cable news and they showed a picture of a bus/train station that the terrorists were targeting. In Afganistan they found a video tape of Al Queda surveying this station to attack Navy personel. I was at that station many times!!! When our ship would pull into the pier a bus would drive us to the bus/train station so we could go into town. Any Navy guys check out CNN today and see if you were at the same place.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 12:31:40 PM EDT
Darn! I visited Singapore on an army R&R in the 60’s. Fairly clean, pleasant, natives spoke English, old-world colonial atmosphere. (I even have a vague recollection that they drove on the right side of the road, though I must surely be wrong about that.) I swore at the time that before I died I’d revisit the place. I’ve been thinking recently that if I’m ever going to return, I need to do it now. Oh well, maybe I’ll just go to Disney World instead.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:22:39 AM EDT
199, I was there in '67 on R&R also. They drove on the left side of the street.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:52:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EOD_Guy: 199, I was there in '67 on R&R also. They drove on the left side of the street.
View Quote
Darn again! Well I guess I was right about being wrong. I hate being on the left side of the road, I feel like I’m in some “Twilight Zone” episode dealing with mirror worlds. Maybe I was thinking about Thailand – or maybe that brain neuron has just died!
Top Top