Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 8:07:00 AM EDT

WHAT NERVE! O.J. MAY TOUR GROUND ZERO

By BILL HOFFMANN

January 11, 2002 -- In a bid to rehabilitate his battered image, O.J. Simpson will tour the Big Apple today while making a self-serving documentary - and may even have the audacity to visit ground zero.
The shamed grid great plans to hit the streets of Manhattan to shoot scenes for a new documentary he's making about his "life and times and the American justice system."

He's expected to visit Times Square, Harlem and, if his schedule permits, the site of the World Trade Center attacks - accompanied by a film crew.

The movie, to be completed later this year, is part of Simpson's quest to reshape his tarnished reputation as an alleged double-murderer who beat the rap.

It will tell "the real story" of Simpson's roller-coaster life, the filmmakers say.

"He's coming to New York to film at different locations around the city," promoter Steven Marcano of Paradox Multimedia told The Post.

"There's a lot of interest in O.J. again. Everybody wants to interview him and do stories about him. It's going to a great documentary."

Among the topics Simpson will tackle in the film are: how he was allegedly railroaded by the justice system, how he was able to prove his innocence - and how the public is embracing him again.

That may be a matter of opinion.

In 1995, Simpson was acquitted in the slashing murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her pal Ron Goldman - but was later nailed in a $33.5 million wrongful death-suit brought by the victims' families.

Last year, the Juice beat charges filed against him over an alleged road-rage incident near his Florida home.

A month ago, police raided his residence in Pinecrest in connection with a money-laundering and drug ring - a case in which Simpson denies involvement.

After he finishes up in New York, O.J. will film in Washington, D.C., also hit by terrorists on Sept. 11th, and then visit other major cities around the country.

In the nation's capital, he'll host a pre-Super Bowl party at a downtown club and visit with residents in some the district's poorer neighborhoods.

How is O.J. - who is continuously complaining that he's broke - financing the film?

Sources say several private investors are footing part of the bill.

But The Washington Post reported yesterday that O.J.'s reps tried to hit up one of its reporters for money.

The paper said they demanded a $1,000 to $2,000 fee for an interview - a request that was flatly denied.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Dear OJ:
[img]www.netsnapshot.com/users/1340/images/PBd1HcCoBQIAAANl2LI_1340_34.jpeg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
OJ could improve his image by going to ground zero and actually helping the workers there.  Yeah, right.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The only way that shitbag could ever improve his reputation to me is to die. [pissed]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Post from RamblinWreck -
The only way that shitbag could ever improve his reputation to me is to die.
View Quote

Yeah, 'cause them he'd be a [b]dead[/b] sh|tbag!

Eric The(WorksForMe)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know why the NY POst wastes time to report such because OJ is just a ordinary citizen. Sure he has a lot of noteriety, but he doesn't deserve all the ink he getting. Tour the ground zero, he is just another joe on the street.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
He's 4 months and 5 hours too late for me to be impressed.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
maybe he's looking for the killers of nicole and her friend.no disrespect to the victims of sept. 11 intended.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dear OJ:
[img]www.netsnapshot.com/users/1340/images/PBd1HcCoBQIAAANl2LI_1340_34.jpeg[/img]
View Quote

Bearlaker
Dizziness, shortness of breath and the need for clean shorts. Those are my symptons after scrolling to your post. That's the best [puke]OJ retort i've ever seen.

[puke]OJ, [chainsawkill]
Lets see; played football, ran through airports for Hertz and was in  some of the world's worst movies. I don't get it. he is not an Icon or a role model and based on his usefullness to society, the Mayor of NY should say No Way [puke]OJ.
What's next an indorsement deal for the Ginzu knife company.
[puke]OJ feel my pain and just go away.

[:)>]

Eiditted 'cause even [puke]OJ deserves smileys [:D]

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I really believe in the redemption of sinners excluding no man. I believe that Jeffrey Dahmer received forgivness before he was killed. I believe that the offer is open to OJ as much as any man, whether his sins are small or great. If I was OJ.....I would get serious about this soon. I've offered this before...I really believe that his life is going to be shaken out of him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really believe in the redemption of sinners excluding no man. I believe that Jeffrey Dahmer received forgivness before he was killed. I believe that the offer is open to OJ as much as any man, whether his sins are small or great. If I was OJ.....I would get serious about this soon. I've offered this before...I really believe that his life is going to be shaken out of him.
View Quote

When he meets the Creator he will be found wanting but he will receive forgiveness.
He could do himself a great deal of good by dropping out of sight and finding something redemptive to do with the rest of his life.
He has managed to stay in the spot light much the same as Bill and Hillarious C. have.
[:)>]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe he thinks the "real killer" was at the WTC when the towers collapsed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe he thinks the "real killer" was at the WTC when the towers collapsed.
View Quote

No, he's just looking for tips for his next carnage filled escapade.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#14]
O.J may tour Ground Zero if he wants. Unfortunately for all of society he is a free man and he can pay people to film him doing whatever. The problem is that the press will be there to record his every move, and worse, the public will gather and gawk at the double murderer like it was a big deal.

Ask yourself, if you were visiting NYC and GZ, would you stand around or leave when O.J showed up?

Or, would you go home and see the spectacle on the TV news later that evening?

How about just saying, "who cares"!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]
why hasnt somebody down a frontal cranial lobotomy with a 44Mag on this sumbitch ?

we live in a SICK society when liberals treat murders like OJ as celebs and want his autograph, when sex offenders like Klinter can hold power in office and people like him for it.

America needs a reality check, and a healthy dose of morals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top