User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
This is my advice to you...research, research, research....so many people get dogs and dont research, then the dog ends up in a resuse/shelter or pound...You need to find a dog that fits in your lifestyle...take into consideration, how much time can you spend on training/spending time with it, do you have kids? are you planning on having kids? how much room do you have? to you want a high maintanice or low maintance dog? different dogs have different health problems, some have more than others..labs are great...but require alot of human contact...if not they can get depressed or destructive..(have a friend how left her lab outside all the time with no people contact, lab chewed off a huge chunk of the porch in a day) I think its great that you are going to rescue...you might even try contacting a responsible breeder...a responsilbe breeder will take back their pups/dog no matter what age.be is 3months or 3yrs old..some breeds my adopt those dogs out...or if they chose not too, may be able to help you in getting put in the right direction..o an BTW its shepHERD [:)]
German cavalry officer, Max Von Stephanitz wanting to creat a breed not only for herding, but a dog that could go from that to working very easily, such has police work and such..and if you find a responsible breeder they do make great family pets, and can be good with kids as long a bred responsibly and trained/owned responsibly, any dog can be that way (some breeds are just a bit harder than others..) Good luck in your search, I hope you find yourself a great companion......

R35's wife (yes he knows i get on here :P)
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is my advice to you...research, research, research....so many people get dogs and dont research, then the dog ends up in a resuse/shelter or pound...You need to find a dog that fits in your lifestyle...take into consideration, how much time can you spend on training/spending time with it, do you have kids? are you planning on having kids? how much room do you have? to you want a high maintanice or low maintance dog? different dogs have different health problems, some have more than others..labs are great...but require alot of human contact...if not they can get depressed or destructive..(have a friend how left her lab outside all the time with no people contact, lab chewed off a huge chunk of the porch in a day) I think its great that you are going to rescue...you might even try contacting a responsible breeder...a responsilbe breeder will take back their pups/dog no matter what age.be is 3months or 3yrs old..some breeds my adopt those dogs out...or if they chose not too, may be able to help you in getting put in the right direction..o an BTW its shepHERD [:)]
German cavalry officer, Max Von Stephanitz wanting to creat a breed not only for herding, but a dog that could go from that to working very easily, such has police work and such..and if you find a responsible breeder they do make great family pets, and can be good with kids as long a bred responsibly and trained/owned responsibly, any dog can be that way (some breeds are just a bit harder than others..) Good luck in your search, I hope you find yourself a great companion......

R35's wife (yes he knows i get on here :P)
View Quote

You might take a shot at reading the posts.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I scanned, same as you did

R35's wife
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]
    Free dogs I guess we got ours 6yrs ago he's half black lab half golden retriever I don't know as you could get a better dog, of course he's spoiled rotten and the king of the house, wouldn't take anything for him and anyone would have a hard time taking anything from me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:43:39 AM EDT
[#6]
General Beauregard @ 6 months of age....9 mos now...golden retriever...
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p09cc9b12ed9b4e76290302047132a0f4/fe32fcab.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Rottweiler. If Chase had opposable thumbs, he could probably outshoot all of us.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p20994e8ec9fb0c57697e90481a4f2dd2/fe0c29f8.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
If you get a purebred dog make sure it is from a reputable breeder not a pet store. We have 2 Norwegian Elkhounds and they are great. Good with kids and are good watchdogs. Do your homework and find the breed that is right for your situation. Good luck.

Brian
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top