Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/10/2002 6:47:28 PM EDT
Did anyone fill out an application to become one? I just did today and they said I'd have something coming in the mail in the next ten day's. I'm just wounding if everyone said this?
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:04:54 PM EDT
[url]http://www.delphiforums.com/[/url] Do a search on "Federal Air Marshal" and you'll have reams of information to read over.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:41:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:13:48 PM EDT
I applied back in October, and received a reply in roughly 1-2 weeks that I didn't qualify. From what I could find at the time, just the aspects of law enforcement wasn't enough and they also wanted military experience.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:37:24 PM EDT
[url]http://jobs.faa.gov/CIVIL_AVIATION_SECURITY.HTM[/url] Here ya go.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 3:58:51 AM EDT
Good luck. There are around 10,000 border patrol agents applications in front of you. It's so bad in the border patrol that I understand they put a freeze on their apps so they didn't drain away the entire border patrol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:11:12 AM EDT
I have a friend who got an interview..flew him to Seattle (spelling?) Washington. He should know something next week on if he gets it or not...he is current LEO and Ex-Military. just my 2 cents medcop
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 5:08:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JLA: I filled out an application a while ago. I received a confirmation printout to verify the information on my application was correct. Haven't heard anything else since then...
View Quote
Ditto. Don't expect to hear anything... Last I heard, they were asking retired CIA, FBI, ATF, etc, etc. to come over and work for them. Not to mention current LEO's and other LE types will get the jobs before guys like me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:57:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2002 7:03:23 AM EDT by Major-Murphy]
Filled one out. Received an affirmative(pending physical, interview, etc....) reply in about a week. This job requires Top Secret clearance. Last I heard, the Top Secret background checks for Military Intelligence officers were back-logged, TWO YEARS. Maybe Air Marshalls get priority, though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:08:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ramjet: Good luck. There are around 10,000 border patrol agents applications in front of you. It's so bad in the border patrol that I understand they put a freeze on their apps so they didn't drain away the entire border patrol.
View Quote
Well I know the border patrol is not to swift with there applications I think the average time before you ever place a border patrol badge on you is about a year and a half from the time you place in the application. That is if your lucky. I just filled out the application just to see how far I could get I don't think I'd really want to do that job unless there where a lot of things I could have my own way.
Top Top