Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2002 3:50:37 PM EDT
What is your experience with Sinclair International? I ordered from them recently, for the first time, and I can't believe how slow they are. For items which are in stock, it took them four days to process the order and ship. Maybe I am expecting too much, but with the internet and todays instant gratification, I have come to expect more. Places like Georgia Precision and Midway have always shipped in one to two days.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember them as being about average AFA delivery times.  Always been pleased with Midsouth.  Had a couple of slow movers from Widner's.

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with Sinclair, but some companies are just like that.  CDNN is a little slow for me as well, but they always deliver.

Maybe they don't process and ship every single day??
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sinclair's always been a first rate outfit when dealing with me and always shipped fast enough for my tastes. However, they're not a bargain discount company, but rather a specialty type outfit. The orders are always right and they bend over backwards to keep their customers happy (including returns and exchanges).
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, I wouldn't lend too much creedence or faith into their suggestions or advice or go looking to them for answers with respect to their sales help. One of their sales reps was downright surly during a recent visit and couldn't seem to fathom that someone might shoot light bullets in a quick twist barrel.
View Quote

That's exactly opposite of all of my dealings with them. Are you sure you weren't talking to a Sinclair gas station? I'm sure you realize that there's no relation between the two.
[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OQAIBcsUY1ZNYYtq8ULCZ9pTXAoC4OhSdIfaTGg3E15Uf3xKF1ah5Hpyak2ZTjKHvvat594FM4SIclAfn7*5zGUx6iO1QEjm/logo_sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven’t ordered from them in a while but they used to be reasonably fast - maybe one or two days to ship.  I’ve found them to be really good people to deal with.  

They are pricey – I won’t get anything from them unless it’s not available anywhere else.  They have a number of really handy AR-15 tools (which I’m sure you know).
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Remember that Sinclair's is not staffed by normal people. They are all major accuracy geeks. Sure, they are selling and shipping stuff, but their minds are on other things like the latest cyro-5R-airgauged-chromoly barrel and Kryptonite stock bench rifle they are building up and stuff. One time one of them got all over me on the phone because I was using military 223 brass because I was getting it free. He about went crazy. The gun is still shooting in the 3's so I'm happy, but I'm sure this guy would keep trying to get it to shoot better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top