Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2002 2:30:49 PM EDT
I have just recently changed internet providers, got rid of AOL, and now I am in the search for a kid safe web browser. He will be suprevised online, but I need the browser to help cut corners to find kid safe chat rooms and other sites. The boy is 12, and a good kid, and for what its worth, a good shot with an AR-15. what do some of the rest of you use? any recomendations? Thanks all...fullclip
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Weblocker.  It's pretty good (not great).  Sometimes my son can defeat it.  It's also a pain because adults have to log in.  I don't mind the problems because it's free. You can get it from www.zdnet.com.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I also just downloaded Weblocker a month ago...so far so good.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the ideas. I will look at weblocker, may try it.i  am running Win XP, and they have a seperate sign screen for the kids, so it may work for him. I can always let him surf AR-15 with me!!!  Thanks ..fullclip
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't you parents learned yet... Your kids can defeat these programs quicker than you can install them!

Besides, where else are they going to learn about the fun things in life, from their friends?!?!?! Like we did?

Please note the sarcasm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top