BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yeah, it kinda does. I'm going to the University of North Dakota (self proclaimed "Harvard of Aviation" [rolleyes] )right now, and there are a sh*tload of rules. Everything gets so routine, and studying gets so intense sometimes, that you almost HATE to go out to the airport. But it will all be worth it when I'm screamin along at mach 2 in an F-18!

[tomcat]
View Quote

That's where my brother went too.  UND has a nice fleet of planes.  It has to be one of the top in the nation, at least in terms of available equipment.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#2]
here is a little more about my flying.  I have been flying since i was 13, and i fly 2 Citabria's, 2 Super Decatholons, 2 Cessna 172's, 1 cessna 152, twin travel air, bonanza(sp?), zeinith, and i think thats it.  i have also flown a Bell Long Ranger Helocopter.  currently i have my solo, and in about a month or two i will have my private.  all my friends thought it was cool that i could fly before i could drive.  i have lots to learn and am looking forward to the expirecnce.  another expirence i need is to learn to spell better. lol anyway, soon as i am finished w/ my private, i am going for instrument, then twin, and commercial/ CFII too.  all this in the years to come.  i am also going to attend the USAFA after i get done with high school.  if anyone has any advise for me i am willing to listen/ read.  thanks have a great day!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Private pilot, ame, then money ran out.  Now I'm ATC.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
ASEL about 250 hours.  Up until yesterday, I owned 1 and 1/3 airplanes.  I closed the sale of my 1/3 share of a 1979 PA28-161 I'd been flying yesterday morning.  That was a big relief, since I'd bought a fully restored 1978 Grumman AA5B in October.

I love flying the Tiger, it is so much more fun that the C and P products I came up in.  (C150, C152, C172, C182, PA28-151, -161, -181)

My wife has started on her private, so I'm waiting until she's done then starting on the IFR ticket (again).
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I logged about 12hrs dual in 150/152/172's when I was 17/18. Then the money just dried up. Maybe one day again......

But before then I need to join the pre-ban club!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top