Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2002 3:55:25 AM EDT
Not sure if you guys have discussed this yet...

Two masked gunmen burst into a Remount Road apartment early Thursday, robbing three people inside and assaulting two of the victims, North Charleston police said.
    The incident marked the third home invasion-style robbery in the city in less than a week's time. Armed intruders entered homes on Stonehaven Drive and Spoleto Lane over the weekend, robbing the occupants of cash and belongings at gunpoint, authorities said.
    Detective Lt. George Tetanich said police are looking into possible links, but had not determined whether the incidents were connected. No arrests have been made in the robberies, he said.
    [b]In the latest incident, which occurred at 1:30 a.m. Thursday, two men carrying revolvers forced open a steel door to the apartment and shouted "ATF! ATF! ATF!" The gunmen forced three people inside to lie on the floor. A fourth man inside hid under a bed during the robbery, according to a police report.[/b]
    The gunmen told the victims their boss had sent them to collect some money and demanded to know where it was. While one gunman rifled through drawers and cabinets, the other intruder sexually assaulted two female victims, both 19, a police report stated.
    The men escaped from the residence with $500 in cash and $200 worth of belongings, police said.
    The robbery came four days after three masked men kicked in the door of a Stonehaven Drive home and robbed a 30-year-old woman at gunpoint while her six children looked on.
    The robbers stole car keys and a cell phone in the 5:45 a.m. holdup, police said.
    On Saturday, three men with guns broke into a Spoleto Lane apartment, forced a man inside to lie on the floor and stole $100 in cash, police said. During the hold-up, the intruders fired three shots from a pistol into a bedroom after a dog confronted them. One of the rounds punctured a waterbed, police said.
    The victim, 23-year-old William Gerard Young of Mount Pleasant, was arrested after police discovered 55.6 grams of powder cocaine in the apartment, according to a police report.
    Young was charged with trafficking cocaine and possession of the drug near a school. His bail was set at $25,000.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, so what's the big deal - another typical BATF raid.

Tate
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

In my mind, the big deal is that common criminals are getting almost as bad as the BATF.  That's a cause for concern.
possession of the drug near a school
View Quote

This part irks me.  He had the drugs in his own house.  I'm sorry, but just because the government decides to build a school near you, illegal things should suddenly become illegal + BS add-on charge.  It's either against the law or not.z
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The "victims" could not have possibly believed it was really the BATF. I mean, there was no fire or anything....
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The "victims" could not have possibly believed it was really the BATF. I mean, there was no fire or anything....
View Quote

DOH!     [flame]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my mind, the big deal is that common criminals are getting almost as bad as the BATF.  That's a cause for concern.
View Quote

BwaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's funny....I think.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
No wonder many people get shot "resisting" when the cops raid the wrong house.

If you've done nothing wrong, why would the cops "come-a-calling?" SHOOT BACK!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top