Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 8:05:00 PM EDT
Well, imagine this.  You are at an airport and there are massive LEO's and armed National Guards. Nothing wrong,right? They even make you get completely scanned, check your items in the x-ray machine, and then even make you run your combat boots through the X-ray machine(after all the other stuff has already been done) to go meet your 5yo daughter getting OFF the plane. O.K. this is security measures, no problem.......

I felt good about all this. But, all of them missed the guy that was [shock]DEAD[shock], sitting next to the slot machines!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh, my goodnes. They had no idea how long he had been there and/or who he even was. They taped off the row of seats and threw a blanket over him until the coroner could get there. And, people were just walking by.

Oh yeah and get this! My husband went up to 2 of the National Guard guys and held a conversation about their FIREARMS. One was carrying a Armorlite M16 and I forgot what the other was, started with a "B"[thinking].... They damn near unslung'em and gave it to my husband to scope out. They were so younge, naieve(sp) and excited that they were carrying the newer M16A2's that it scared me. Then as we were leaving the parking garages, there was a damn U-Haul van in there. Who picks a person up from the airport in a U-haul van? That was enough for me, I was outta there!

SHEWWWWWW..... Glad that trip is over!![whacko]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Whew! I'm glad I don't have to fly anytime soon!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the land of Homeland Security.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
So....you dumped a body at the airport by the slot machines!  

hmmmmm,....hehehe

medcop
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know what you guys are talking about.  I have been to the detroit metro airport about 10 times since 9/11 and up until christmas, hadn't seen a single national gaurd.  I was hoping to show my girlfriend the type of gun that she was buying the parts for me for christmas.  I went last week and they made me do everything but give a stool sample.  It's nice to see that they finally got their act together.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
"I don't know, but I been told....." A shockingly high percentage of those weapons are inert or empty.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]
That was the guy who got there plenty early (to clear security) and was waiting for them to call his flight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
If you think our national guard looks young Go down to mexico. I live down in southern CA so when we go down to mexico the army or federalies or what ever the hell they are are usually made up what looks like young kids of about 16 years old holding M-16's. always suprised me that they would have a quality weapon like a m-16's but most of there stuff is from the US military.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
damn it when i tried to dump the body they made me run it thru the x ray machine
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:24:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

hmmmmm,....hehehe

medcop
View Quote

Here's an idea. A group body dump!! I already have a few lined up{:D] LOL!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmmm,....hehehe

medcop
View Quote

Here's an idea. A group body dump!! I already have a few lined up[:D] LOL!
View Quote

Edited so as not to get robbed of my smiley icon
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here in SF, the Guard carry one (1) loaded 20-round mag, buried deep in their 3 x 30-round mag pouches with the seperator straps still in place.  It takes 5-10 seconds to get the mag out, as demonstrated on TV for the nice reporter.

[b]The only security is what YOU provide for yourself.  Anything else is imaginary.[/b]

-Troy
View Quote

So the seperator straps are not need it right?  I thought about cutting it out but didn't want to ruin it.  What is it there anyways??
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#14]
The young men that I talked to in the airport had loaded 30 round mags. I know this to be true cuz the on young man droped the mag and showed me.... As for Ca. my wife works for a police dept. that is very close to a airport and the National Guard are useing the PD armory to store there wepons for the troops at the airport they are all useing M16a2's with 30 round loaded mags as well. So I am not quit sure if there is any truth to what they say about the matter on the tv?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
My wife popped off the metal detector with her underwire. At least they had women security people to give her the pat down.

I always thought the only downside to bras was the difficulty in removing them. I didn't know they were deadly weapons. [>:/]

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Do not post while drinking. Do not post while drinking. Do not post while drinking. Do not post while drinking. Do not post while drinking... [:D]

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top