Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2002 2:59:28 PM EDT
Oh yes!!! How sweet it is.

Although I am not expecting anything big, cause lets face it. Niners have a few steps to go before they become the Niners of old. But this team have suprised even this die hard Niners fan. I may get to watch the Superbowl in the next year or two. See I have made this promise to myself when I was young. I will never watch a superbowl unless the S.F. 49ers are in it. Those that have know me for years can attest that I have kept this promise over time. Cause a Superbowl without the Niners is not a Superbowl in my book.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah yes, how sweet it is!

My Green Bay Packers get to HOST the 49ers!  Here's to hoping the Packers streak of 10-0 in home playoff games continues!

By the way - I'll be at the game!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh yes!!! How sweet it is.

Although I am not expecting anything big, cause lets face it. Niners have a few steps to go before they become the Niners of old. But this team have suprised even this die hard Niners fan. I may get to watch the Superbowl in the next year or two. See I have made this promise to myself when I was young. I will never watch a superbowl unless the S.F. 49ers are in it. Those that have know me for years can attest that I have kept this promise over time. Cause a Superbowl without the Niners is not a Superbowl in my book.
View Quote

Well...one thing is for sure...yes the Niners have just a few "steps" to go yet.

LT, your loyalty is admirable.  Not to burst your bubble or anything...but I gotta remind you the road to the Super Bowl still goes through St. Louis...and let me see...how have the Bay Boyz done against the Rams so far this year???

(I know...I'm goin' to hell for comments like that!)
[;D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Be careful watch you ask for LT!!  He he.  Our GB Packers are a damn good team, and of course have the best, most sportsmanlike, and most fun to watch QB to ever play the game.  Too bad our recievers are only good, not spectacular.  I will admit, the 49'ers have a good chance against our defense right now, with all the injuries.  Donatell has done a good job using the depth and talent that we have, keeping them motivated and hustling on the field, but we are starting to hit the wall on run defense it seems.

I wish I was going.  I bet it will be a very hard fought game.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn LT, you haven't watched a Superbowl since when? That's what I call a diehard fan!

But I think you'll be missing another one this year.

I don't know what's a bigger obstacle. Playing the Packers IN Green Bay, or having to play ST. Louis period.

Either way, I think the Niners play off days are numbered.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The Rams await.

Resistance is futile.[}:D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn LT, you haven't watched a Superbowl since when? That's what I call a diehard fan!

View Quote

And I've also declined every Superbowl party I've been invited to since then. Except for one. My best friend begged me to go cause they were setting me up with this chick. I really did not watch the game though, I was in the backyard BBQ'ing and trying to put the moves on the babe. HEHE Ended up dating here until Aug of that year. Been a awhile.........
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
9ers and packers ???  I hope they BOTH lose!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#9]

The BEARS are gonna win it all!!!

GO BEARS!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
9ers and packers ???  I hope they BOTH lose!
View Quote

LOL

Being a Niners fan, I am a little concerned about them being in Greenbay. Isn't it snowing there? Us Kalifornian's aren't used to the snow.  [:(]

Oh well, I sure hope they win!!!! GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top