Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/6/2002 10:47:33 AM EDT
Went shopping today in Pomona at Stater Bros. While picking up some staples, I looked up and saw an enormous guy striding past, complete with "partner." The big guy wore black combat boots, cammo pants, prominent chrome wallet chain black shirt, and a red "fez," complete with Nazi Swastikas and other symbols. You could feel the 'tude coming off him from 30 feet away. Is it wise to wear such a getup in what my old boss would call, "Mexican Town"? Din't get a good look at the wierd (nazi)symbol on the front of his fez. He looked a little hostile, and I didn't want to stare. Exiting quickly, I noticed a black youth illegaly parked in the handicapped zone in front of the store, (w/o a permit) engine running and what looked like a fake bullet hole in the front right quarter panel. To self, 'Hmm, look at that. I thought fake bullet hole stickers on cars were passe.' On closer inspection, it was the real deal. I gotta git out of the ghet to. ------ Racial Profiling: "This is for the people of the Sun, It's coming back around again."
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:14:27 AM EDT
Maybe it's just me, but I would have said something to him or at least let out an audible laugh. Most guys like that are used to people being scared of them and they don't know what to think when somebody just laughs at them.[}:D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:03:49 PM EDT
'Course every now and again one knows exactly what to think. Then you have to go to court, the hospital or the morgue. Not worth it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:21:26 PM EDT
I grew up in Upland. I now live in semi-rural Virginia. What you just described in just one minor reason we moved. The chances of that happening here are very small. By and large ours is a very polite and civil society here. Reason: WE CARRY. If I were traveling to LaLa Land and that happened, I would be scared since I would be unarmed. Should something like that happen here, I would not be concerned...heightened awareness, yes. Really concerned, not in the least. Two to COM and one to the head. [kill]
Top Top