Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/5/2002 4:54:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:04:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2002 5:04:34 PM EDT by Stormbringer]
Oh ya!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:11:33 PM EDT
I'd sure hate to be that kid's father. Does insurance cover your kid flying an aircraft into a building?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:18:55 PM EDT
It is rather hard to hold the father of a teen civilly liable for the teen's actions in the absence of a prior action of the same type.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:20:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:24:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Shadowblade: What really gets me is that with all of our increased airport security a 15 year old can take off unauthorized and crash into a building. What if it was a terrorist with a larger plane?
View Quote
Just not preventable. This plane would have left from the General Aviation portion of a larger airport. Could happen again tonight, tomorrow .... [smoke]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:48:54 PM EDT
Of course it was suicide!!!!! a 10 year old can figure out how not to hit a building. The only other explanation is if he passed out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:54:01 PM EDT
I started flying when I was fifteen, had my solo pilots license before my driver license and now looking back, I can tell you one thing... [b]KIDS UNDER 18 SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO FLY AIRPLANES BY THEMSELVES[/b]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:56:30 PM EDT
Didnt he also take off without permission? Ignore orders to land???
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:05:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By davidkxx: Didnt he also take off without permission? Ignore orders to land???
View Quote
At a tower controlled airport (which this one was), a pilot must contact ground control before he/she is allowed to taxi to the runway. Before taxiing on to the runway the pilot must contact and receive a clearance from the control tower. This kid did none of the above. As far as ignoring orders to land, well, I'm not excatly sure what that means, unless they had him on the radio. The only "order" that I can think would have been given other that would be another aircraft's pilot pointing at the ground.
Top Top