Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 4:18:59 PM EDT
[url]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-locnradog01010102jan01.story?coll=orl%2Dnews%2Dheadlines%2Dlocal[/url]

Marion Hammer wants to ban a couple of labrador retreiver mix dogs from her neighborhood. Never mind the hypocracy and that anyone who has own labs can't understand how these can be mistaken for pitbulls, but has Marion never learned anything during her tenure as the NRA president? Perhaps she is not true to heart but was solely committed to the paycheck you and I paid for.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably why she's the FORMER president of the NRA.
Anyone who works to ban a specific type of dog because it "could be" dangerous isn't my definition of someone who could be capable of protecting our 2nd amendment rights.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Armaliter....you really should have read the article!

She is not trying to ban a breed of dog..

She is trying to get two dogs ONLY TWO that she feels are out of control taken out of her neighbour hood.

That is a far cry from what you are saying!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Out here in the sticks we have a very effective way of ridding ourselves of nuisances.

BTW...anyone ever offed a kitty with an AR?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Armaliter....you really should have read the article!

She is not trying to ban a breed of dog..

She is trying to get two dogs ONLY TWO that she feels are out of control taken out of her neighbour hood.

That is a far cry from what you are saying!
View Quote

Whether it was one, two or thousands of dogs, no one should have a right to have any type of dog removed from a neighborhood because they personally don't like pitbulls, labradors or whatever breed of dog.
I don't like anti-gun, liberal democrats. Can I have them removed from my neighborhood?

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Armaliter, you sound like the dingleberries on Democratic Underground - engage mouth without benefit of brain.

I just put down my lab-mix for the very thing Hammer is complaining about - threatening behavior towards children.

Now, try reading the article.  It's short, so your lips won't get tired.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Ban? The only question is "pre-ban" or "post-ban."
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I want a pre-ban labradoodle with a fixed bayonet lug under the jaw.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Armaliter sees ban, thinks, "gun ban," and goes apeshit.  She perceived those particular dogs to be a threat to her grandchildren.  While I don't agree with her logic (I would ask the neighbor to build a fence, or build one myself), her concerns may be founded.  It's interesting that no other neighbors complained though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
It apparently isn't a [b]type[/b] of dog she want to ban (that would be like banning AR15's and then there would be a problem) but rather two specific dog entities - two particular hounds.  Apparently they are not being controlled by their owners properly.

Personally, I think the owners should get fined first, then attempt to get the dogs removed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Armaliter, you sound like the dingleberries on Democratic Underground - engage mouth without benefit of brain.

I just put down my lab-mix for the very thing Hammer is complaining about - threatening behavior towards children.

View Quote

Well excuse me if I misunderstood the article!!
You like insults??
Too bad you didn't decide to give your dog away to a person who didn't have children or where the dog wouldn't be around children. But no, just have it killed. Yup, it's just a dog. Who cares, huh?  But seeing the type of asinine attitude you have towards people, like me who simply misunderstood an article, then it was probably best that your dog is no longer around you.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It apparently isn't a [b]type[/b] of dog she want to ban (that would be like banning AR15's and then there would be a problem) but rather two specific dog entities - two particular hounds.  Apparently they are not being controlled by their owners properly.

Personally, I think the owners should get fined first, then attempt to get the dogs removed.
View Quote

If she had balls, she would shoot them.  Now that would be ironic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Reading his post, I think KBaker made a bad call about his dog. Trouble dogs almost always are so because of lack of love, attention, and acceptance. Poor dog.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reading his post, I think KBaker made a bad call about his dog. Trouble dogs almost always are so because of lack of love, attention, and acceptance. Poor dog.
View Quote
Read the post [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=82333[/url]  It was not a decision easily reached.  Or carried out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#14]
BTW...anyone ever offed a kitty with an AR?
View Quote

I happen to be quite fond of kitties.  I certainly hope you were joking.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

ROTFL!!
No flame towards anyone involved here, I just thought this line was hilarious!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top