Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 9:16:38 AM EDT
I put a timing belt on a 1993 929 with a 24V 3.0  in November, now it's pumping oil out of the timing cover by the front seal. What can I expect to find when I pull that cover off on Monday morning? I've done several timing belts but this was the first DOHC Mazda. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Striker, that was fast. The cover is plastic on one side and aluminum on the other if I renember correctly. No seals were changed just maintance for the belt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Cold wrenches? It was 30 here yesterday and I could'nt get my hands to work. Anyway the timing cover just covers the belt, Theres no gasket there and the valve covers were'nt off. I'll find out monday, just hate shit like this.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Having had two 929's, an 18 valve one and a 24 valve one,  you should never change the timing belt without changing the seals.  I would say this probably applies to any OHC engine with a belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top