Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2002 2:39:02 PM EDT
Went to the courthouse to get a copy of my deed for BAQ when I in-process the first week of Feb.
I was collecting all of the paperwork, trying to be prepared.

Anyhow, I interrupted the deed clerk's lunch. I asked very nicely for a copy, telling her why to hopefully ease the intrusion into her lunch. She said no problem, printed it out, the copy was crap due to low toner.

She went and pulled the deed, photocopied it, came back. Asked me what branch, what would I be doing. Parachute Rigger, 82d, no Infantry (until I re-up) this hitch [:(].

I told her to shake up the toner cartridge to make it last awhile longer. When I pulled out my wallet and asked how much the fee was, she said it was on her, least she could do for someone going Active.

There is hope in the world yet...
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
11h1p

I try to do my part.   I spend half of each year in a beach town in Thailand where the US Navy takes leave.  Whenever I spot the boys in the bars I buy 'em a drink and if they are interested help steer them to the good places in town.  The least I can do.

James
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
 11h1p,  it sounds like you're just fixing to hit basic. As an active 11B1P,  I wish good luck to ya, but don't get in a hurry callin yourself this or that till it happens. A ton of people sign and are "gonna be Airborne and go Ranger" blah blah blah. Lots can happen in basic, AIT and jump school. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
11H1P,

Welcome aboard!  Stay focused and always give 100% and you will go far.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Listen to your NCO's.  Become an "expert" in your field.  Knowledge is power.  Use that knowledge and lead by example.  Mentor the newer soldiers as you progress, and always be prepared to assume the duties and responibilities one level up from your current position.  Set the example for others to follow and raise the bar for the standard.

Get used to hearing [b][i][size=6] RIGGER![/b][/i][/size=6]

for the record its:

20 Minutes!
10 Minutes!
Outboard personnel stand up!
Inboard personnel stand up!
Hook Up!
Check Static Lines!

"Last two jumpers turn towards the skin of the aircraft.  Second to last jumper check the last jumpers static line"

Check Equipment!
Sound Off For Equipment Check!
Stand By!
GO!

RLTW!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
How's that song go again?

..."One night in Bangkok...makes a hard man humble" [0:)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 11h1p,  it sounds like you're just fixing to hit basic. As an active 11B1P,  I wish good luck to ya, but don't get in a hurry callin yourself this or that till it happens. A ton of people sign and are "gonna be Airborne and go Ranger" blah blah blah. Lots can happen in basic, AIT and jump school. Good luck.
View Quote

203, Sorry if I made it sound like the first time in-
D Co 2/505 PIR, 1986-1989

G Co/HQ Co 1st Bn 1st SWTG, 1991-1992

Callsign here is (now) my secondary MOS

I got my wings in 1986, this is my 3rd enlistment after a 10-year hiatus trying to find happiness making money in the IT field when I should have stayed in.

Hope this clears it up, I've just been out so long that I have to go to basic & AIT again.

Don Out
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, BTW, Board members here are excepted- I feel the love every day from you guys, just a little shocked that local gov't (typically demorats) types shine through. I was truly touched, as over the last 8 yrs I have become rather jaded by the masses....

Thanx for the expl, CLP

Bear, I remember the WHOLE sequence very well, but (ED Senior) THE @$(@*&$@(#*&(#$& sig line is only 150 characters!!! grumble grumble

New poll- should the signature line in the profile be expanded to 300 characters? YES!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for the delay in getting back, had a little problem with the forge...
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
11h1p

I try to do my part.   I spend half of each year in a beach town in Thailand where the US Navy takes leave.  Whenever I spot the boys in the bars I buy 'em a drink and if they are interested help steer them to the good places in town.  The least I can do.

James
View Quote

Where were you when I hit the beaches in Pattaya? Don't believe there was a "bad" bar in Pattaya[;)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#10]
JimmyB

How is Caligula (our favorite unit bar for Cobra Gold in the late 80s) and Marylyn a go go (my personal favorite)
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Bear Hunter:
Getting caught on the wrong side of town gets a staight man called gay

(boys town)

Bangkok was weak after P Beach.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Happy,

You are correct...I remember P Beach very well.  Could have done without being stuck at Utapao airport for two weeks though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#14]
   Hey 11, sorry to jump to conclusions bout ya, sounds like you already been there and got the T and all that. Did seem odd, not many 18 year old wannabe's would be pickin up a deed. I'd like to know why you left, came back and what your plan is for the rest of your career, might give some folks stuff to think about. Welcome back .
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Paul - why yes.  I do live in Pattaya Beach half the year.  Good guess.  [beer]

xsquid - hell man, depends when you were there.  I think some bars are better than others.  Some offer fair prices and "friendly" service while others just try to reach into the boys pockets.  Or, if they want something special and  don't know where it is I can direct them.  Unless it is Boys Town, which I know WHERE it is, but what goes in I do not know. [shock]

Happy - Sorry Caligula is gone (or I never heard of it.  If it is a gogo larger than 3 girls I've heard of it).  Maralynns is still going though.  I always felt a bit sorry for those birds and frogs [rolleyes]

I'll be off the board in a few days as I am flying back to Pattaya on Tuesday.  (sigh).  Someone has to do it.  

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top