Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/4/2002 10:43:54 AM EDT
Do you have any anecdotes to share regarding a successful defense with a CCW? Anyone been burglarized at night where a gun would have helped defend yourself? Anyone have any related stories about old ladies that live alone who have defended themselves?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:51:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RRotz: Do you have any anecdotes to share regarding a successful defense with a CCW? Anyone been burglarized at night where a gun would have helped defend yourself? Anyone have any related stories about old ladies that live alone who have defended themselves?
View Quote
Sure. I delivered pizzas to a bad part of Austin, and carried a P85. In bad apartment complexes, I would make the butt of the pistol visible as I walked through gangsta crowded stairwells with money and pizza in hand. It kept me out of trouble many times. I only pulled once, and it defused what could have been ugly. Not glamorous or exciting, but you asked.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:05:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Spearweasel: Sure. I delivered pizzas to a bad part of Austin, and carried a P85. In bad apartment complexes, I would make the butt of the pistol visible as I walked through gangsta crowded stairwells with money and pizza in hand
View Quote
[b]EAST[/b] Austin, no doubt. [(:|)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:12:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PoliticalScience:
Originally Posted By Spearweasel: Sure. I delivered pizzas to a bad part of Austin, and carried a P85. In bad apartment complexes, I would make the butt of the pistol visible as I walked through gangsta crowded stairwells with money and pizza in hand
View Quote
View Quote
Yup... Reagan HS, LBJ HS, and the area around Cameron Rd. Strangely, after living a couple of streets from the literal bone-crushingly impoverished Projects of south Chicago, I find that the lower-middle class areas in that part of Austin can be just as dangerous. Whatever it is, it isn't just poverty that makes a neighborhood a bad one. I leave the answer to that one to others.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:43:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spearweasel:
Originally Posted By PoliticalScience:
View Quote
View Quote
Yup... Reagan HS, LBJ HS, and the area around Cameron Rd. Strangely, after living a couple of streets from the literal bone-crushingly impoverished Projects of south Chicago, I find that the lower-middle class areas in that part of Austin can be just as dangerous. Whatever it is, it isn't just poverty that makes a neighborhood a bad one. I leave the answer to that one to others.
View Quote
I cannot remember clearly, but is LBJ high school near Riverside Rd?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:22:46 PM EDT
Top Top