Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2002 7:45:55 AM EDT
Can you make any money by getting a ffl and just charging money to send and recieve firearms?  Not even having any guns.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I recoup my license fees, if nothing else. I am currently charging $15 per long gun and $20 per handgun (additional State license required here), plus additional fees if its a new gun I have to submit for test firing to the State Police.
 I'm up for renewal in April, so it'll be interesting to see how much stricter they've gotten. Every renewal has gotten more complex.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you need to get licensed with the state too? Or is the FFL all you need to send and recieve guns?  And how much is the license fee?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.recguns.com/III1.html[/url] here is an interesting, but probably out of date link.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#4]
That is very out of date!
Go to the BATF website to view the current requirements.
It is $200 for 3 years and $30 per year after that.
You have to get the supreme law enforcement official (Police Chief or Sheriff?) to ok you getting it before you can apply.
I think the application has a place for your tax ID# on it.
All the info is there except the actual forms that you fill out because they want you to call or write for them.

I have been thinking about getting one myself.
I just don't know for sure yet.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have to get a state dealers license to sell handguns , which is an additional $85 every 3 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top