Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 4:54:15 PM EDT
I am trying to find out who makes Bushmaster's chrome lined barrels for their AR15.  Any help with contact info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
They do.

Bushmaster isn't a mere parts dealer, but a manufacturer.

That alsom means they have the market cornered on current production 5.56 chambered chrome lined 4150 barrels, which is why I buy them.[:D]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
About 8 years ago, I spoke with Tom Barr at Quality Parts Corp, and at that time there was an option to buy either a non-chromed or chrome-line barrel & chamber.  There was a 4 week wait for chrome-lined barrels. He said that they rifle all of the barrels in-house and then send them to a military contractor to have the chrome applied, and they had to get a large enough order together before it would be cost effective for them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the pertinent question is who does Bushmaster buy their blanks from. I don't believe that Bushmaster has the economy of scale to build barrels from scratch. I believe that they chamber, profile, drill, etc. on blanks purchased from some other company. I also don't believe that anyone will get a straight answer out of Bushmaster either. They always like to stretch their manufacturing capabilities, military contracts, and anything else that sounds like good market PR.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think the pertinent question is who does Bushmaster buy their blanks from. I don't believe that Bushmaster has the economy of scale to build barrels from scratch. I believe that they chamber, profile, drill, etc. on blanks purchased from some other company. I also don't believe that anyone will get a straight answer out of Bushmaster either. They always like to stretch their manufacturing capabilities, military contracts, and anything else that sounds like good market PR.
View Quote

When I spoke with them about chrome-lining barrels, I tried ask Tom Barr, and he wouldn't say, just telling that it is a large firm that does chroming for the govt. I guess they try to keep who does their sub-contracors a trade secret.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]
A few years back I was considering buying one of their DCM barrels.  After ordering it I wanted to be sure to be all set to assemble it when it arrived.  I called customer service to ask what type of "loc-tite" to use for the front sight fixture.  They passed me off to someone on the floor.  After he answered my question I queried as to when he thought my barrel would be shipped.  He politely said it would be longer than first predicted as, get this, the last batch of barrels they received were not up to spec and they were waiting for replacements.  When I originally placed the order customer service assured me they manufactured their own barrels.  Something was fishy.  I waited a day and called back to cancel my order.  I then ordered a Shilen 1 in 8, 8 groove blank and made my own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top