Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2002 3:27:09 PM EDT
check it out. whats wrong here. im looking for one specific thing, yes i know about the flag, and the tucked in shirt. but whats the one thing a civi like me would notice. the mistake can be seen in all of the photos. thanks DB [IMG]http://album.gunsnet.net/data/dirtybob/52_p447.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://album.gunsnet.net/data/dirtybob/52_p448.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://album.gunsnet.net/data/dirtybob/52_p449.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:28:51 PM EDT
Easy...There's no dead bin Laden in any of them. Where's the dead A-Hole???
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:31:20 PM EDT
where are the carbines?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:39:19 PM EDT
The only thing I can see common to all 3 are goggles.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:44:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:46:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:47:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:50:19 PM EDT
I see common are goggle, helmet, and M16. I guess I am not good enough, but I can't see anything wrong. Please enlighten us ol master. Hey, this is my 100th post, I am head for my 500th, then 1000. hehehe, maybe I am spending too much time on line.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:52:33 PM EDT
Goggles are up and the boys aren't getting trigger time. If they are SF's they most likely would have a different config. weapon system. These guys trusted their Gov't to give them the needed resources to get their @$$e$ out of there. (oh that's why this is now a movie about a seige)
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:53:22 PM EDT
are you refering to the tri color BDU's not the chocolate chips? I am not sure of the issue date but I got my tri colors on my first trip to saudi in feb 95 as for the other stupid things I see in the first pic the guy on the right has a radio but is using someon elses and the 203 in the second photo there is a launcher it is just hard to see you can see it infront of the mag well john
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:59:58 PM EDT
That they are still alive. GG
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:01:46 PM EDT
Well, my first thought was 'no breasts'.... Okay....here goes nothing... 1. In picture 3 the guy has writing on the front lid of his cover. In pictures 1 and 2 it's not there. 2. In picture 1 it looks like he's got some mouth mike extending from the right side of the helmet down to his lips. In 2 and three the attachment seems to be gone. Then again, I was under the impression that such bulky setups were not used anymore...... 3. It actually looks like 3 different weapons. The one in the first pic, the M203 guard, and then to me it looks like pic 3 is a different handguard than the first. 4. Um....complete and utter shock that they show proper handling of a firearm in a movie?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:06:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gun Guru: That they are still alive. GG
View Quote
And not being dragged through the streets naked. Thanx Willie, good battle plan.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:08:56 PM EDT
No one is actually wearing their goggles over their eyes. The middle and bottom rifles do not have their dust covers closed. Middle guy looks like he is on patrol, therefore he should have his closed. Bottom guy looks like he may be in action and could be excused. Except all three pictures are likely posed. And the bottom rifle is an earlier rifle without the reinforcements on the lower receiver. An M16a1 updated with a2 parts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:14:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JonnieGTyler: No one is actually wearing their goggles over their eyes. The middle and bottom rifles do not have their dust covers closed. Middle guy looks like he is on patrol, therefore he should have his closed. Bottom guy looks like he may be in action and could be excused. Except all three pictures are likely posed. And the bottom rifle is an earlier rifle without the reinforcements on the lower receiver. An M16a1 updated with a2 parts.
View Quote
His face is to messed up for only patrol GG
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:15:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2002 4:18:57 PM EDT by Tuukka]
dirtybob, i believe the flag is that way because it is now moving forward, can´t remember the exact wording, but it is something along those lines and i believe a TFR member said at the Cinemayhem BHD forum that some tucked their BDU jacket in. The only error i see here is the use of names on the helmet covers, which the TFR men did not have, it was added by Ridley Scott since he wanted the audience to spot the actors more easily. The 3 color BDUs were used, so they are correct.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:17:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JonnieGTyler: No one is actually wearing their goggles over their eyes. The middle and bottom rifles do not have their dust covers closed. Middle guy looks like he is on patrol, therefore he should have his closed. Bottom guy looks like he may be in action and could be excused. Except all three pictures are likely posed. And the bottom rifle is an earlier rifle without the reinforcements on the lower receiver. An M16a1 updated with a2 parts.
View Quote
Ummm, these are all stills from the movie Black Hawk Down, which might explain why the guys aren´t so anal about dust covers and etc... [;)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:21:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
View Quote
His face is to messed up for only patrol GG
View Quote
You're right. And he WAS wearing his goggles when he needed them. So the pictures likley AREN'T posed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:27:26 PM EDT
The weapons are all post ban with no evil features. And per ebay rules they are only 10 round magazines?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:29:59 PM EDT
There is no sear pin on any of these weapons. Meaning they have no auto sear. Which means these guns are not M16a2 they are AR15's.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:30:22 PM EDT
shooter505 gets the gold star for the day. yes these are all stills from the movie black hawk down. and i figure all the other things, like the guy with the bloody arm, adn the two guys useing two radios at the same time, and the dustcovers could be explained. like its not his blood, they are talking tot he squad and COM on tewo diffrent channles and they could be in the shit useing there rifles. but the sear-pins is what through me. i just notice little things like that. seems on for them to be useing AR15s when being US Rangers they could easly get an M16. thanks DB
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:49:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:30:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2002 3:47:21 AM EDT by AR_Rifle]
They should carry AK? . . . . The flak jackets are not in the same color (camouflage) as the BDU?
Top Top