Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2002 7:34:14 AM EDT
Just wondering, I'm watching about the witches who currently practice witchcraft there on the History Channel.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife has a older lady friend who is wiccan(pagan). I think we are talking about the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't them Wiccans have big lesbo orgies or sumpfin'?  If so, can you get a video?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Well maybe some of them but I doubt this lady does. I really really really don't think you would want the vid even if she did... can we say [puke]?

Keyword... OLDER... think varicose veins and Preparation H
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My wife has a older lady friend who is wiccan(pagan). I think we are talking about the same thing.
View Quote

I guess it's the same thing. The ladies on the History Channel were mixing up different potions and at the end they did some kind of spell to change the weather using their brooms and stuff.

I took the kids to see Harry Potter yesterday and it just got me thinkging about stuff like that then the History Channel show this morning.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#5]
G'randman gon' be here any minute now......
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Naw, I'm levin' you in charge of this one Celt.

[:D]

besides, according to Scripture, witchcraft is nothing more than lots of other sinful activities, like lying, covetousness, adultery, etc.

It is NOT some "especially sinister" form of evil.

So, I'm not gonna get meself all worked upo 'bout it.

Nice to know you was thinkin' O me, tho. [:D]

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Close, not all people who practice witchcraft are wiccans though.  and not all pagans practice whichcraft. Pagan just means not Christian, Jew, or Muslim.

Don't them Wiccans have big lesbo orgies or sumpfin'?
View Quote

No, or at least no more than anyone else that has a different religion.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?  Doesn't God love Witches too?  After all, didn't they help him create the world with their  magic. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll speak out for the pagan community here ( ie I'll put my neck out to get it chopped off ).  Being Pagan is pretty cool for me.  We worship outside, dont come knocking on anyones door trying to convert them, and of course the occasional "lesbian orgy".  Actually we dont do the orgy thing, but its good PR.  Basically we are pretty small minority of a religion, however we are growing from people who don't like what the big 3 religons offer or just want to explore something else for themselves spiritualy.  Harry Potter while being a good book ( as far as promoting friendship and good ethics ), is not in any way pagan/wiccan.  I have not seen the history channel broadcast, but I am willing to go out on a limb here and say that there was probably alot of showmanship with the props ( potions and what-not ).  Anyhow if ya got any questions ask them here and I will be glad to clarify, as trying to write down all of what a religon is in a few sentances wont happen.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Anybody Know Any Salem Witches
View Quote

I am curious though...what's a "Salem" witch?  I know a fair bit about these things and I'm not sure what that means.....

Naw, I'm levin' you in charge of this one Celt.
View Quote

Hey, thanks, G-man....I appreciate your trust.  I'll try not to screw it up....
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I believe but an not certain that my ex-wife is an "Oklahoma City Bitch."
Is this a counter ?
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Is't Christmas in Dec really a pagen holiday?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anybody Know Any Salem Witches
View Quote

I am curious though...what's a "Salem" witch?  I know a fair bit about these things and I'm not sure what that means.....

View Quote

[url]http://www.salemweb.com/memorial/default.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A [i]very[/i] special lady friend of mine is a Wiccan.

She seems rather less sinful than most so-called Christians I meet.
View Quote

Sinful is NOT a concept where "seems" applies.

it is WELL DEFINED in Scripture.

And lemme tell ya - ALL the Chrsitians I know are plenty sinful.

The ONLY question (a two-parter actually) is "Do we ALL acknowledge our sinfulness and are we confessing it and asking for God's help to change?"

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dunno, the History Channel was showing how many witches there were in Salem, Mass. So I thought maybe there was an inordinate amount of witches there and maybe somebody from Salem would speak up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She seems rather less sinful than most so-called Christians I meet.
View Quote

Kinda funny cuz my wife's friend is the same way. She's probably the most loving, giving person I have ever met. She just so happens to believe that nature and the cycle of life is the "true religion". She does believe in a dual Godhead of a male and female god (Lord and Lady) but she has stated that this is just a symbolic representation of the male and female energies of the universe. Similar to the Tao. She doesn't believe that there is an actual woman and man with an identity floating around in some 'heaven'.

It is actually a very interesting philosophy that crosses many other philosophical lines... including that of Christianity (other than the Jesus is your savior part).

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh, Im quite familiar with the "trials" held in Salem...I just don't understand his use of the  term "Salem witch"...does that mean a witch who happens to live in Salem, MA, and if so, why would he/she be any different from the others?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Sinful is NOT a concept where "seems" applies.

it is WELL DEFINED in Scripture.

And lemme tell ya - ALL the Chrsitians I know are plenty sinful.

The ONLY question (a two-parter actually) is "Do we ALL acknowledge our sinfulness and are we confessing it and asking for God's help to change?"
View Quote

I KNEW you couldn't leave this alone and let me be in charge!  I KNEW it!

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
There are not that many witches in Salem.  They kind of flock there because of the old witch trails ( which really have nothing to do with witches really ).  Its more of a political center for alot of pagans.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I KNEW you couldn't leave this alone and let me be in charge!  I KNEW it!

View Quote

OK, my bad. Youa re BACK in charge of this thread.

[BD]

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Actually, I think 308treehugger is doing an admirable job, and we should both leave him to it.  I'm going to lunch.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There are not that many witches in Salem.  They kind of flock there because of the old witch trails ( which really have nothing to do with witches really ).  Its more of a political center for alot of pagans.
View Quote

The grandmarm of them all lives there though... Laurie Cabot.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oh, Im quite familiar with the "trials" held in Salem...I just don't understand his use of the  term "Salem witch"...does that mean a witch who happens to live in Salem, MA, and if so, why would he/she be any different from the others?
View Quote

Look dude, I just put Salem in the title so everybody would know what I meant. If the title was just [b]"Anybody know any witches?"[/b], there would have been 37 replies of guys talking about their ex-wives and another 62 about Sarah Brady.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks Celt.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Please don't turn this into another "My god this, your god that" thread. I really just wanted to know if anybody personally knew some witches.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

With all due respect, that is [i]YOUR[/i] definition, and [i]YOUR[/i] question.

I sincerely hope you find [i]YOUR[/i] answer.

Others will seek their own definitions, and answer their own questions.
View Quote

I'm at a bit of a loss, here.

How can a Scriptural defintion be "my defintion" when I did NOT write Scripture????

It would be the definition of the Author, no????

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Sorry Ponyboy - I'll quit.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Please don't turn this into another "My god this, your god that" thread. I really just wanted to know if anybody personally knew some witches.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Thanks Celt.
View Quote

'welcome.

Blessed be.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Come, come, Garandman.  You proclaim Scripture as the major guiding force in your life, do you not?  You try, as best you can, to live up to and by the teachings of Scripture, do you not?

That makes the scriptures "your" Scriptures, in my mind, definitions, questions, the whole shebang.
View Quote

No, they are still God's Scriptures, and His defintions and i have ACKNOWLEDGED thier pre-existing authority over my life.

Back on topic -

No, I don't perosnally know any witches. At least in the religious sense.  [}:D]

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Merry Meat and Happy Ham ;)
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I really just wanted to know if anybody personally knew some witches.
View Quote

Yes, quite a few.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#38]
There are probably quite a few on this board they just are not out of the ol'broom closet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There are probably quite a few on this board they just are not out of the ol'broom closet.
View Quote

That's a pretty good one[:)]

How do you go about finding other witches? I'm not wanting to convert or anything, but I'm really curious about this stuff.

I've never met an actual witch, that I know of, but from the way they were talking on the show they act like there are quite a few around.

Do witches actually cast spells on things and attempt to perform other types of magic, or is that all just Hollywood stuff?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Here you go, Ponyboy...have at it:

[url]http://www.witchvox.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Is't Christmas in Dec really a pagen holiday?
View Quote

It started out as a celebration of the lengthening of daylight hours.
The Birth of the Sun. [flame] away, guys.[:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#42]
How do you go about finding other witches?
View Quote

Or you could try what always works for me.  Hide behind a bush and make a noise like an eye of newt......
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#43]
What makes you think she is a witch?

"Oh, she turned me into a newt!"

A newt?

"I got better......"
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The grandmarm of them all lives there though... Laurie Cabot.
View Quote

And what a nice business she has going, around Halloween theres quite a wait to get into her shop.  Seems like a nice lady, I had to buy some gifts for some wiccan friends...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top