Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I would just like to add that I have made great strides in understanding this unspoken subsonic-harmonic undercurrent language of women, but only on a "teach the chimp sign-language" level so far. It's just that my wife is the first one I've ever really cared enough to try and figure it out for.

Oh, also: just because you figured out that asking "Has NYPD Blue started yet?" while standing in the shadow of the stair bannister with your old hockey jersey on and a look of slight malaise on your face means (to her) "I validate your womanhood and have sweaty rhino love on my mind for later" with [b]this[/b] woman, does not mean that it's transferable to any other woman. It all starts again from zero, bud.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Keep lick'n that MEG'R and it will shock you...

Ok, I'll add one last thing. We are Battle "E" proficient, and we get the mission accomplished even though we are undermanned. It just means alot less duty sections than we would like, and more watches per person. Each person has to be that much more qualified because of it. And because of all those things, crew morale is low. But I believe that crew morale is low onboard any naval vessel except those floating cities that cannot ever seem to be undermanned.

.... "Sea-babies"
View Quote

I love it (Sea-babies) !!!!!

I served on five different subs and only set-foot on one other Navy ship, a destroyer, once.
I really have little knowledge of how the other 96% (at the time) of the Navy works.

Of the five subs none, none ever had low morale.  I do believe it's easier to maintain crew morale within smaller units.  Everyone is involved and knows at least most of what's going on.

When I would call for a translator to translate underwater telephone conversations(UQC)it's kind of hard for the rest of the crew to pretend none are on board.

As I understand it the push is on to have females on submarines.  
It's simply impossible for me to imagine the effect on a crew submerged for 70-90 days.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
An absolutely true story of how I found out I was getting a divorce.

Wife:  "We're out of dishwashing detergent for the dishwasher."
Fool(me):  I'll walk next door and borrow some until tomorrow.
(Fool gets up and walks toward door.)
Wife:  "I want a divorce."

Many times I've attempted to tie the detergent to the divorce.  No luck.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

[smoke]
View Quote

ROFLMAO....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm sorry if your "sensitive" about it or anything, but that was funny...
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

[smoke]
View Quote

My conscience has been bothering me about the imcompleteness of that post.

Alright, alright, I was banging the neighbor's wife next door.  But that's all. Really.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My conscience has been bothering me about the imcompleteness of that post.

Alright, alright, I was banging the neighbor's wife next door.  But that's all. Really.
View Quote

See, it's the details that really give you the insight on a good story...
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, this thread has degenerated more into a "why are all you guys still single" topic. I see a lot of angry bitter guys here...

Miss Magnum mentioned that "she's gotta get her's" so to speak. That may be a key issue in why some relationships last Vs. fail, but how is it an issue in the initial selection stage? Surely you cant walk into a bar, church, gun range and tell by looking which guys are the better lovers. Also enjoying sex is mostly mental. I think most women would enjoy sex more with a clumsy handsome guy than a technically skilled ugly guy. I think if a guy is attentive and willing to learn and it's still not working for the woman, then that woman needs to find out what is going on in her head that is preventing her enjoyment.

Someone else mentioned the Alpha male /confidence thing. Young women 18-23, have a hard time telling the difference between self confidence and a loud personality that creates an illusion of self confidence. They also have a hard time telling the difference between quiet confidence and shyness.

My wifes friend is in her early 30's, I'm sure she can tell the difference by now and I'm sure she has figured out what she needs in the sack by now, but she still "cant find a man".
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Early 30's huh...

Well, I'm in my early 20's, and I don't mind an older woman. I'm a single sailor whos been underway for a while, so tell her to give me a call. [;)]

If you were hinting earlier that she isn't the fairest in the land, it all feels the same when the lights go out. [:K]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Moved post to military forum
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Women will stop being interested in sex, however, if their lover isn't making sure they get theirs.  [;)]
View Quote

Or they get a wedding ring on their finger. Either way, daddy ain't getting none.
View Quote
AMEN Brother mattja! [BD]
View Quote

Can you give a big amen to my brothers here! Once that ring goes on, forget gettin' any anymore. I'm in the process of my second divorce -- 6 years together, and I ain't had none the past 2-1/2 years. My friends are surprised I put up with it that long.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Minus the nine years I wasted with my ex - I have spent the last 36 years waiting for a woman who enjoys; guns, skydiving, base jumping, rock climbing, camping and back packing I have decided she isnt alive and have settled for Jake and Loki - my two labs.

Ropes
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have to agree that many women (and yes men too) often have that "there will be a better one than this come along" attitude towards datingn (see posted joke above in this thread).  Too many people think a relationship is just supposed to "happen" rather than having to [b]work[/b] at it.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Women will stop being interested in sex, however, if their lover isn't making sure they get theirs.  [;)]
View Quote

Or they get a wedding ring on their finger. Either way, daddy ain't getting none.
View Quote
AMEN Brother mattja! [BD]
View Quote

Can you give a big amen to my brothers here! Once that ring goes on, forget gettin' any anymore. I'm in the process of my second divorce -- 6 years together, and I ain't had none the past 2-1/2 years. My friends are surprised I put up with it that long.
View Quote

Ok, you win, I lose ... MAN!  I thought I had it bad - 9 months is the record here... along with "If I never do that again in my life I'd never miss it"  comments...  I solved the problem [b]that[/b] time by packing to move to the boat.  That got her attention.  Of course, that's 3 years ago now, I can see it heading down that road again.  Unfortunately, the boat is in southern CA...[:(]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#16]
... I guess I just don't "get it", and I'm not talking about pussy either.

... I choose to live single. Was married for quite a long stretch and been in and out of relationships but right now in my life I actually [b]love living alone[/b]. Casual dating is OK but no commitments whatsoever.

... When I get up to go to work she has to get up to go, well, wherever she goes!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top