Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2001 3:56:51 PM EDT
help!  i have a really tiny splinter that is embedded in my finger and i can't seem to grab it with my tweezers. does anybody have any suggestions? i am about ready to cut my finger off. does'nt really hurt but it is bugging me something awfull.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
use a fingernail clipper to cut away the skin then gently pull it out or force it out with pressure once it is opened.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Put a sewing needel into the hole then rip up the skin and tweezer it out. [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorta what AR-Sniper-15 said, but open it up with a razor blade, a clean cut will heal better.

Once when sanding a piece of pine, the sandpaper lifted up a splinter at the edge of a board and it jammed in deep right under my thumbnail, glad it didn't break off. Ouch!
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
This sounds like something you should ask a Navy
Seal.....

[url]http://www.theonion.com/onion3205/navyseal.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I use to get splinters from my backyard all the time.  What I always did was something like AR-Sniper-15 said, but instead rip up the skin just enough so you can use the tip of the needle to push the splinter out. With the tip of the needle, you can pinpoint the spot exactly.  Of course if you wait too long the splinter may get soggy if it is made out of wood.  Then it becomes to difficult to push with the tip of the needle.  Just my .02 cent advice.   [smoke]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I would do some self surgery. Get some ambesol and deaden up the area, an exacto knife to make the incision and a metal scribe to probe for the foreign object.

I once had to extract several lead fragments from my hand using this technique. It hurt so bad that I started going into shock while I was standing at the bathroom sink but I finished before I passed out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Lift up the skin around it and then apply pressure and it should bleed and push the splinter out further.  Then try and grab it.

The worst splinter is from a prickly-pear cactus, they can't be seen and have that weird  type of feel.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top